Bradford City (H) - Sat 27th Feb, 3pm

Gordon seems to do a lot of work,with absolutely nothing to show for it,he may as well play on the wing, he is too small to win a header against a big, medium, or small centre half. Ok,Adebayo was a lot taller,but he also used win and hold a lot of balls along the ground.

Exactly. The jury was still out on Ade,just look back on fans views on him after his 1st season.

It’s VERY easy to make such judgements after the event. Certainly I thought Clarke and Sinclair would push us towards a League 1 return but I’ve never been more wrong.

1 Like

Haven’t kept a clean sheet since the third of November. 32 goals conceded in that time.

Just for Chunkster.

2 Likes

It wasn’t all that bad this afternoon. One lovely move towards the end which Vincent then skied. We won’t go down and next few weeks will be painful watching, but give Button time.

1 Like

Taking a slight exception to this. I remember me and @el_nombre defending Adebayo quite a lot last season.

3 Likes

Short term fix get Dickey Dosh in to stop the rot , even if its only till the end of the season , he would ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room ,it all looks a bit to comfortable for some of them at least we would be organized and pragmatic .
Now is not the time to not know what your best team or formation is especially if you have worked with the squad for 18 months.

1 Like

Yep, was saying for months he was a better player than his scoring record.

Vale fans reckon they are sliding and going down. Odds on WFC and PVFC to both be relegated?!

The problem is you could have any of the premier managers at Walsall and there still would be no difference because they are what they are Conference league players.

5 Likes

And a ■■■■ budget I agree completely can’t keep blaming manager after manager for this

2 Likes

Quite agree you probably did. Did you state he would make the Championship? I was neither for or against him, certainly never thought I would see him in the Championship although again jury is still out on that one.

But the facts are the general consensus was “run of the mill”. Which was the point of my response to Hindsight Harry.

Totally agree. Norman is our best defender and the others for the reasons stated, don’t look capable of doing much at League 2 level.

Agree the squad is poor , but that makes it even more vital to get them organized , they just need to concentrate on one job , not trying to cope with constant formation changes

2 Likes

Oh no, he’s definitely gone way above my expectations for his career. I was mainly defending him against people who were saying we should just release him in January ‘20.

I also never thought Rory Holden would develop the way he has, so I’m definitely not trying to be a know it all. :rofl:

2 Likes

Cook scored a goal today by literally just standing in our box, no movement , no challenge , nothing … just literally stood there.

Now Dutton is coaching these players and has done for 18 months, So taking this into account what the ■■■■ is Pomlett thinking here?

Dutton needs time to develop, keep him at the club and let him learn from someone more experienced.

3 Likes

Some stats. Now 7 home games without a win. Since the start of 2017/18 season we have won 27 home games and lost 34, shocking record. It’s always going to be hard to shift season tickets when you’re so poor at home.

1 Like

Just an idea but to add a few quid to the coffers what about setting up a new Saddlers lottery where the winner gets to play up front for a game?

I’m 54 but certain I could do what either Derick or Lavery did today.

2 Likes

Even in charge he needs help. I’m sure Sadler is a good coach but he’s on the pitch. Let’s get him some help eh

1 Like

I could offer similar movement to that of Cook for his goal.

1 Like