Brian Dutton

Dickie Dosh in the div 4/league 2 promotion season would 2my guess.

1 Like

At first until Bonser shafted him lol

1 Like

Dutton needs to have his 20 games. Letā€™s try and give the bloke a chance eh? Written off already I see. You lot would be crying into your tea if your bosses wrote you off after 2 weeks and sacked ya. Get a grip

If we get relegated Iā€™ll eat my own shoes.

Think of your favourite football genius, he would also do jack ā– ā– ā– ā–  with this squad of utter bilge.

Your kidding yourselves if your saying another manager can get this lot top half. They are utter garbage.

16 Likes

Tbf I canā€™t disagree with any of that but I just feel such a sense of inevitability about it all, with him being gone before long. As I said before I feel a nob saying it as I hate that kind of fan but I just know itā€™s coming.

In all honesty I donā€™t think I actually care much any more as, like you say, no one could do anything with this squad of compete dogshit.

1 Like

I understand why sometimes. I get its frustrating.

But when I started following Walsall it was always uss against everyone.

The defeatist negative nature on here and In the crowd in recent years is pushing me to the edge of not bothering. Not the team, not the owners.

People are so reactionary itā€™s bordering on the insane. Some Should bite tongues and evaluate.

Its ā– ā– ā– ā– . Sack sack sack. Where did it ever get us?

1 Like

We could all do with a break perhaps. The summer canā€™t come quick enough.

1 Like

The reactionary fans will always be there but the thing is though I get the feeling it isnā€™t just the reactionary ones losing faith anymore.

Iā€™ve certainly never been that fan but thereā€™s just so little to be positive about. I enjoy the us versus the world thing but at the minute it seems we have ā– ā– ā– ā–  all to fight the world with.

Fatigue I suppose. Iā€™ll still be there regardless.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing. The squad was bang average with Ade and Jules as shown in our league position. Defensively we were a bit ā– ā– ā– ā–  giving a goal away every game but at least Ade could get us out of the ā– ā– ā– ā– . Now weā€™re just ā– ā– ā– ā– . We create hardly anything and still look like gift wrapping goals to the opposition.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great point. You get a 6 month probation in virtually any job but people expect football managers to be absolutely perfect day one.

For the record, I donā€™t think Dutton is the answer and I canā€™t see him being manager past the summer HOWEVER, it would have been remarkable had he just sat down in the chair, took the same players weā€™ve watched be average all year and turned them into winners every week. With his three best players sold or injured no less.

Itā€™s also funny that itā€™s exactly the same people who were whinging about giving Clarke more time months into his reign writing Dutton off after two weeks.

Iā€™ve not done the analysis on who said what but Iā€™m damn sure that whining about DB now wonā€™t change a single thing till the end of the season at least.

Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

5 Likes

As much as I disagree with people writing BD off, Iā€™m a big fan of all fans being able to have opinions whether or not it can change anything.

Some would even argue that fans accepting ā– ā– ā– ā–  because of a mentality of ā€˜well we canā€™t change anythingā€™ may have played a part in why we find ourselves where we do.

2 Likes

Agree, but the owner has made a call that would be absolute folly to rail against for the next few months, what exactly would the point be?

Iā€™m torn between wanting to give Dutton time and Iā€™d love to see him succeed where DC failed

But likewise we need a man into deliver 51 points. DC was looking like he was going to struggle with that. Not entirely convinced Dutton will especially as his starting position is weakened by the transfer movements

Maybe I should take the rose tinted Richard Money spectacles off but I think heā€™d jump at the chance to come back here.

2 Likes

I really believe no matter how dutton gets on in these remaining games, pomlett will offer him the job full time. Iā€™m willing to give dutton until the end of the season to prove himself not to be a clarke clone but with all the tinkering with formations and playing people out of positions, Iā€™m slightly concerned.

1 Like

I donā€™t really get the tinkering/players out of position argument.

Heā€™s played the same formation in the last three games and the one player he has played out of position, Norman, has worked for me. Heā€™s switched it up in the game but lets be fair, heā€™s needed to.

1 Like

There probably is no point, but itā€™s just fans expressing an opinion on a forum.

True, that. God knows I should be used to it by now!

41 points is the bar in L2, given only 2 go down.

Totally agree and thatā€™s the concern (more than actual results)

Itā€™s DC in disguise minus the ego. Constant tinkering, no set way of playing, players picked out of position (who are finding it hard enough as it is)

Have no ill feeling towards BD, seems like a nice bloke. But heā€™s failed to correct the glaring mistakes detailed above, despite having since the Summer of 2019 for reference.

1 Like

He hasnā€™t played the same formation.

1 Like