Brian Dutton

Is there any line-up Dutton could put out that will make us think “Clarke wouldn’t have done that”? He’s chopped and changed and put out baffling selections so many times he’s probably covered all bases with this group of players.

What might be evident is if we can show signs of not hoofing it every time we get the ball and try to play with pace through midfield. We can dream.

3 Likes

Interesting.

Perhaps Rose back in goal, Norman back at RB and Sam Perry for a full debut in midfield trio with Kins and Bates would give the starting 11 more of a fresher look.

3 Likes

Dutton is probably scouring this forum for ideas as we type :smile:

3 Likes

Fresher yes, but better, err not sure.

Rose (if fully fit) is a must but Norman I could quite easily live without.

More chance of Vincent starting as I’d guess its unlikely Perry would come from nowhere to start tonight. Would expect to see more of Perry soon though, on the bench at the very least.

3 Likes

From the Chairman’s video today and reading between the lines Clark was out at the end of this season as why a mock interview only a short time ago for Brian Dutton. Three points tonight would be nice. Good luck Brian and UTS.

3 Likes

If you have trouble getting it , it’s also on you tube

Complete joke

Interviewing him two weeks ago seems a strange thing to do

I get future planing

But now I think that we planned to part ways with DC in the summer. If DC has copped wind of Dutton being lined up no wonder he’s jumped at the first chance (and Vale for that matter who are the poorest side I’ve seen this season)

But best of luck to Brian Dutton let’s see signs of encouragement and hit next season with momentum

1 Like

What is?

All of it! Selling our best players. Now appointing a manger who hasn’t kicked a league football in anger. Just a financial decision yet again.

Counted nonsense fans 5 times I think in the first 5 mins. Well there are lot of us about

He literally said it wasn’t a financial decision.

4 Likes

Oh right. OK then Tom

1 Like

Here’s the interview pal. :+1:

We can but dream . But how good would it be for Dutton in his first game in charge to produce our best performance and biggest win of the season against the best team in the league.
Can just see DC’s angry face now :grin:

1 Like

Clarke was usually all emotion and no brain! Here’s hoping Dutton has that tactical nous about him

Two things

1. Not 2 weeks ago he was talking about how we needed to sell because of the financial outlook was poor, however, now it’s all good?

2. Who’s this Frankie he keeps addressing?:joy:

Guessing he’s just offloaded another 100k salary plus a little compo.

With Guthrie , Jules and Adebayo also coming off the payroll along with the transfer fees I bet we’ve clocked up a cool 500k.

1 Like

He never said “all was good”. He did say there was no thought to getting rid of the Manager because of finances.

I’m sure he used the phrase, “we’re okay” in relation to finances.

Talking of Brian Dutton … the one man we haven’t heard off. With Darrell reeling off one liners like a pro wrestler at his new club and with our chairman giving his “thank you, ■■■■ you, bye” video it would be interesting to hear from Dutton. I’m sure he will post match but that will be about the match. Would have been interesting to hear his thoughts or some kind of interview on taking over.