Brian Dutton

Me and the gaffer argued so you thought he was a d1ckhead to then Brian there’s no harm in that mate.Fresh ideas sounds good to me DC set a really low bar as regards tactics getting the best out of players and basically we couldn’t pass a ball so just get them doing that Brian and your heading in the right direction.

1 Like

Indeed. Rabbit in the headlights or not, worst case scenario is we go from being a bang average league two team with an arrogant ■■■■■■■■ in charge to being a bang average league two team without an arrogant ■■■■■■■■ in charge.

5 Likes

Who knows what the future will bring with Dutton, but good luck to him.

How refreshing was it to listen to a new voice though, one that isn’t trying to convince everyone they’re super confident.

Clarke would have turned into the football equivalent of Father Jack before too long, just shouting “badges, feck, project, winning, girls…!” in every interview.

1 Like

Using your own statement, Mourinho, Wenger, Brendan Rogers, etc. must be crap too.

Just because he hasn’t played league football, doesn’t make automatically make him a bad coach or a manager.

2 Likes

We’ve got rid of that clown Clarke let’s be happy about it and give Dutton a chance he’s done absolutely nothing wrong judge him half way through his 20 games.He has fresh ideas they will take time to show as regards football on the pitch.

5 Likes

Good luck to Brian Dutton who knows we could unearth the next Jurgen Klopp or could turn out to be an absolute disaster but he will get my full backing.
I feel if he does get the job he might benefit from working under a director of football for the recruitment side of things and leave Dutton to the coaching side of things.

2 Likes

And of course Paul Merson.

1 Like

Seems like the Williamson to Clarke’s Boris. I think you could have a pint with Dutton. Doesn’t mean he’ll be any good but I will be happily be more patient with him than I was with DC.

1 Like

I was thinking more of a resemblance to Ben Purkiss, must be a good thing :smiley:

1 Like

For me Dutton doesn’t make sense at all. Surely we need a manager in to prepare for next season? Have a proper look at the players and let go all the dead wood ( most of them). If Dutton does terrible and we appoint someone in the summer then we’re backs to the wall again when there’s plenty of time ahead to sort this out. I hope Dutton does well and gets the job for our sake next season more than anything but pomlett taking a massive gamble here. Let’s see how tonight result plays out

Free hit tonight hasn’t prepared the team due to not enough time so will be based on Clarke’s thinking with a possible tweak.
Win and it’s BD to thank, goes wrong DC,s fault

1 Like

With DC gone Clarke could end up being ‘injured’ for the rest of the season :laughing:

1 Like

Yes destined to end up at Vale next season.

2 Likes

Well he is saying the right things .Lets hope they come to fruition but I think we are short especially up front .UTS

2 Likes

Lets face it ANYTHING is better than the last 76 matches :grin:

3 Likes

I remember similar words on the eve before the first games for Broadhurst/Hibbett/Keates/O’Driscoll/Whitney/Mullen

1 Like

A merry go round mate :wink:

I honestly think Dutton has turned down the chance to work with Clarke at Vale. I may be wrong but the start of Clarke’s interview at Vale today they touch on his coaching staff and he says he’s ‘assessing’ what he has but that he’s also promoted Billy Paynter to assistant alongside Danny Pugh. Would seem an odd thing to do if he wasn’t be preparing to work with them in the future.
He also said how he’s looking at seeing if they are better than what he’s worked with before and mentions Marcus Stewart and Brian Dutton so it sounds to me like he’s planning on life at Vale without him.

If he turned it down to stay then that alone deserves our full backing for the rest of the season!

7 Likes