Bristol Rovers New Manager Search

Graham Coughlin has left his post at bristol rovers, looking at there forum alot of them are open to DC Returning.

Do you think DC will stay if bristol come sniffing?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Absolutely. Can’t imagine a man who has been sacked by Bristol Rovers would suddenly go running back. Especially after the times he turned down clubs to stay at them.

1 Like

I think it would be hard for him to turn down there sitting 4th in league he gets to go closer to missis and kids, and it would end his nightmare at walsall

4 Likes

@Thanatos this makes me think you know different… :eyes:

Nope! I just had to use up characters to post :joy:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t really care if they did to be honest.

Not sure they’ll be rushing back for a manager they’ve already binned once though.

I think DC is here for the duration, we won’t go down this season but that will not be because we are a good side, but because there are a couple of teams worse than us, i think that LP bought him in to reshape the team, although he has done a poor job up to yet, we could see an upturn after his january dealings, or it could be next season before we see any progress?

1 Like

I am surprised he left Bristol Rovers.

Amazing looking at the league 1 table atm. Not a league I’ve followed too closely since relegation but Wycombe aren’t just a little infront, they are 8 points clear of third.

Thought Bristol Rovers would be relegation contenders but they are just two points off 2nd. Pompey 10th and Sunderland 12th…wow.

With Bury’s demise, mass points deduction for Bolton and only 3 spots getting relegated I think it’s allowed more teams to gamble a little bit more and have a proper go at going up when you consider Wycombe and Brizzle were in the mix in the final weeks still to get relegated last season.

Certainly the worst time to go down from league one last year.

He has left Bristol Rovers to go to Mansfield ?. That is crazy.

1 Like

Simples, Money.

5 Likes

Mansfield pay good money and I wouldn’t mind working for their chairperson but to be fair to Coughlan, his family come from Sheffield so it’s a decent move for him because the facilities at Bristol Rovers aren’t the best.

2 Likes

They won’t.

1 Like

I see Leahy is number 11 there at the moment and has played half the games at wing back rather than left back. Amazing what happens when you play players in their actual positions.

1 Like

Why would they come back for Clark , it would be a strange move , it would be like us going back for Keates or Whitney

1 Like

Don’t think that’s a fair comparison he got rovers promoted twice…And he has his coaching badges you know😉

It’s been clear from some of their posts on here that some Rovers fans idolise DC after his first two seasons, and aren’t likely to be reviewing that any time soon. His record tailed off there afterwards. They would always want him back. Can’t imagine their board being as interested.

2 Likes

An interesting thought… could Clarke’s respective status and tenures at Bristol Rovers and Walsall be an inverse reflection of Ray Graydon’s, at the same two clubs?

2 Likes

Uncanny, isn’t it?I think @PT has mentioned it before. Graydon was as unloved there as he was loved here.

4 Likes