Buy something Walsall FC. Please

Our shop may not be great but it’s miles better than the MK Dons one. They may have a nice stadium but the shop is abysmal.

Absolutely. The non response on designated Away pub speaks volumes.

Good shout on northern clubs visiting villa, Albion and blues stopping off for a pint.

There are a lot of football pounds to be had.

1 Like

What a good idea that is , or even a small information desk in one of the centres , we have Sky trying to generate new customers by where the old Argos used to be , why not do something along those lines got to get some interest if we are where we can be seen

1 Like

Given how many fans get the train to Bescot may also be worth having something sited in The Saddlers Centre near the station entrance.

3 Likes

I am absolutely flabbergasted to learn that the club shop is closed on a Sunday when the market is on…why would that be?

3 Likes

I spotted this, superb idea I think. WFC should have one of these, could have it in town on a saturday morning and then drive it up to the ground as an additional outlet.

They could say it was on the moon for all I care. If wallys are more likely to book it without google mapping it first and it makes us a few quid then happy days.

Yes,we could change our name to Birmingham Rovers too… :+1:

Bit of a leap that. Literally changing the identity of the football club itself is a bit of a stretch from flogging a conference suite to a few guillables.

1 Like

I hope the powers that be read these posts and realise the missed opportunities to generate more revenue. It’s clear that higher quality products, a better range for both women and men and more accessibility to buy them, is needed.

5 Likes

Reading between the lines, it appears the club and the town don’t have a very good relationship.
One would think that an astute businessman like Pomlett would extend olive branches to the town hierarchy to re-establish business relations.
Marketing is one of the key components to the club’s success and the lack of it is one of the reasons, for a town of our size, is so poorly supported.
The club needs the town as badly as the town needs the club.

5 Likes

Just renewed 2 season tickets plus parking pass.

3 Likes

Words from Leigh. The club needs cash.

Might not be top priority for folk just now. But I suspect that as we all hunker down, Walsall FC will help see us through. Whether that be typing or reading all the nonsense on here, watching old clips on YouTube, watching old dvds or even videos, following the club on FIFA 20 ultimate quarantine cup (ask your kids), doing quizzes, reading old programmes etc etc etc, it will help sustain us. It needs a bit back.

I wrote on the season ticket thread that I feared we may have a cash flow issue at the club, hence the incentive offer. He sounds desperate (and sincere) in that interview

The suspension of fixtures could really ■■■■ us.

2 Likes

Just listened to an interview on 5 live with Ian Evatt The Barrow manager how sad it would be if they didn’t get the promotion they deserve but also he was saying the lack of revenue from the remaining fixtures could put the club in real jeopardy

There’ll be a lot of smaller clubs worrying like he’ll about now. Could change the face of football.

It’s brilliant that we’ve got a proper Chairman running the ship now. No doubt it’s going to be tough, but just think how good it will feel when we get to go back to the Bescot that first time after all of this goes away. The leaking toilets, crap beer, long queues and insufficient stock of balti pies probably won’t matter as much anymore.

I just hope that our self-proclaimed ‘number one fan’ can step and do his duty and grant a few rent payment holidays if it gets really desperate…

5 Likes

Completely agree Tom.

A rent holiday until our next home fixture wouldn’t half ease the strain. If we don’t play until say August that would be around £200k. Without opening that particular can of worms, it would be a financially small gesture for the “fund” but potentially a lifeline for the club.

Talking of £200k, I’m still struggling to comprehend why ISSA’s offer was turned down and given the current “crisis” hasn’t been revisited.

We must all do our bit.

2 Likes

What a terrific chairman we have. I’m just sat tight waiting for invoices to settle and I will be down there like a shot.

1 Like

It’s certainly a huge chance for bonser to Show a bit of goodwill .And show that he is not the ■■■■■■■■ that we all know he is . And give something back to the club that he and his family have and continue to make a fortune from.

2 Likes