Calvin Andrew

Unbelievably, Barrow have managed to sign Calvin Andrew on a short term deal to the end of the season. Can anyone honestly say that he wouldn’t have improved our side right now? I wonder - did we make any effort to sign him?

No everyone is happy with our team except the fans who know nothing.

2 Likes

I think Prince Andrew would be an improvement on our forward line at the minute.

7 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me one bit mate, the club are blindly walking into the non league the fans can see it but the people who make the decisions can’t and unfortunately won’t until it’s too late to stop it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t score many goals but he’d have given us that height and presence up front that we have lost since we sold Adebayo and pocketed the money to add to our top 10 budget.

What do we know though, we’re just an inconvenience.

6 Likes

We are sleepwalking into it, aren’t we? I get the feeling that Pomlett still thinks we’re not in danger of relegation. We are, and many fans have known that for some games now. A defeat against Grimsby and I reckon we’re more likely to be relegated than not. Anyone who thinks otherwise, it would be interesting to hear a basis for that.

So, amongst the many problems, we sold our only decent goalscorer and replaced him with a loan player who looks like he’s never played the game before. And then you find out that an experienced forward is available, not a prolific scorer but someone who you never want to play against, but he ends up going to a relegation rival? Maybe there are reasons for that (where he lives, for example).

1 Like

Calvin Andrew would have given us more in two games than the other strikers left at the club have done all season long that I can guarantee you mate.As said above by Dan he’s a presence and a threat we have zero of either of those descriptions at present.

2 Likes

There’s a lot to criticise at the minute (well, for some) but I can’t say I’m jealous of this.

You believe Gordon, Lavery and Osei Yaw offer something better?

1 Like

Didn’t Dario Gradi try to sign him at one point?

2 Likes

I believe they offer nothing more effective than a bloke who has scored 4 goals in 2 years, but nothing less either. If he goes on a run I stand to be corrected.

Apparently Barrows chairman is funding players out of his own pocket in attempt to stay up, if it’s via loans it could turn nasty in the long run

1 Like

Nice to see a chairman being proactive though, eh?

1 Like

I still think that we will survive, although losing to Grimsby will not be good. We probably need 6 -7 points to guarantee safety, which I can see us getting from the last 10 games. There are matches to come against sides that by then will have nothing to play for, and eeking out a couple of tight wins / draws is not beyond reason in my view.
Although things are not good at the minute, we are not geting hammered by anyone. In fact, only 11 goals conceded in Dutton’s 10 games. Doesn’t need much to convert that into a couple of 1-0 wins.
I will be more optimistic if LP brings in someone to support Dutton from now until the end of the season as he has indicated.
Fine margins as DC would say.

4 Likes

Interesting to see who comes in the summer upfront.

Of course the present lot won’t be missed but Gordon, Lavery and Wes all out of contract and mentally checked out now so with the awful loans going back aswell leaves the club in June with zero senior forwards.

This season is the big warning. You don’t replace a 15 goal striker at this level and you quickly drop quickly down the league.

Big pressure on I think to find an experienced front man from somewhere who can get 10-15 goals and then a younger back up who can be developed like Ade was over the 18 months. Then a better loan from somewhere as the third choice.

Aslong as he’s kept away from the under 16’s

1 Like

My grandad would improve our frontline and he’s been dead 40 years.

2 Likes

How dare you he scored 2 goals in 52 games for Crystal Palace in a 4 year stint :wink:.He didn’t really settle anywhere then for a long while until Rochdale most recently scoring 24 in 190 games he’s probably a bit better than what we have but you never know he may score a few before the seasons out.

1 Like

Haha maybe, I stand to be corrected. I have zero confidence in our strikers.

1 Like

Me neither mate Mr Derik Osei Yaw’s attempt last night when he continued to run and run and run until the keeper picked it up off his foot was laughable I did post it earlier on another thread,he might want to try lifting the thing attached to his neck once in a while then again thats multitasking something our lot aren’t capable of.

2 Likes