Cambridge United (A) - Sat 6th March, 3pm

A few weeks earlier it had been Leitao and Fryatt :joy: Oh boy, when we mess up we can do it in style.

1 Like

More cutting edge journalism there :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Too late Dutton my friend, we are already IN a relegation battle!

1 Like

He wantā€™s everyone to know what a Walsall striker looks like? :joy: he had better sign a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  then :joy:

1 Like

My Cambridge supporting friend says their goals have dried up at home recently and predicts nil nil. Perhaps he is being kind.

Touches of the David Brent in this article.

1 Like

Clarke was Brent, so Dutton can beā€¦Gareth Keenan :joy:

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember the last time I read one of these articles.

I think itā€™s fair to say he wonā€™t be getting the job full time fellas.Heā€™s just going to see this crap season out and heā€™ll be a gonna thatā€™s if he lasts that long.Massive rebuild this summer and it needs to be done correctly the new man coming in needs to be a man who has a philosophy and sticks with it and he needs to be given the backing to bring the players in that fit his philosophy then we will see what happens.

5 Likes

Wonder which lottery machine will be picked to choose the team.

Exciting isnā€™t itā€¦

2 Likes

How about getting the first team white suits ala Liverpool Cup Final in the 80s for the ā€œPrattā€ identity

We need that manager in now to start getting his staff sorted, identify any of the current lot to keep ( Melbourne maybe) and to sign players early or at least identifying players. Waiting till the summer will be to late and once again left with the deadwood signing players a few days out before the first game next season. The board never learn

I donā€™t know if a new manager right now would get anymore out of these than Brian has in the last couple of games.Maybe we will start scoring and creating more in the weeks ahead,because if we were creating and scoring goals coupled with what heā€™s managed to get us to do as in playing from the back and a clean sheet last match it wouldnā€™t look as bad as it does right now.Anyone can knock it around across their own 18 yard box itā€™s doing the same 50-60 yards further forward and unlocking defences thatā€™s missing but if that does start happening I donā€™t think it would look as dire as it does now.Iā€™m just trying to be as positive as possible thatā€™s all but you saying we need a ā€œnewā€man now I can also see that side too definitely.

1 Like

Getting goals - note plural - out of the current bunch is akin to raising the dead I fear!

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t saying we need a new man. I was simply saying if the board gonna go with someone else to build for next season they should be backing that decision sharply not in the summer. Itā€™s a massive rebuild ahead and the club just sleepwalk thru these situations. If Dutton staying then say that and let him prepare for next season in advance

1 Like

7-0 us. Itā€™s been ages since a Walsall team clicked, and we all know theyā€™re capable of itā€¦so weā€™re told!

1 Like

Best we can hope for is another 0-0 where we park the bus. Imo if they score, we lose.

2 Likes

Can only see a defeat, but we must be due a win soon, surely? Not looking forward to another 9-0-1 formation. Only Brian Duttonā€™s 6th game but it already feels like his 60th game.

I just hope he keeps his promise of letting us know what a striker looks like :grin:

2 Likes

Here is a shot of 10 of them so you know what they look like

1 Like