Cambridge United (A) - Sat 6th March, 3pm

“This time next year” we’ll be top of the league :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t be a plonker!!

2 Likes

Anyway getting back to the Cambridge game I’m gonna go for 1-0 Cambridge. Battling performance but a moment of quality will win it. Hope I’m wrong tho and lavery pulls out another stunner from nowhere and we defend for our lives again

I just think we are going to get a good hiding mate we have zero creativity nothing shown of late to suggest we could open a can of beans let alone a top 3 sides defence.Mullin has been in superb form for them this season 22 goals 3 assists in 33 games is some return at any level he’s going to get a couple in a 3-0 loss for me.Barrow will be our next chance of a win in my opinion.

1 Like

Which one though?

It’s sad when we are all expecting Walsall nil, but will come away optimistic if we actually have a couple of shots on target.

Sadly, I’m expecting 3-0 Cambridge and my Dutton random player generator is suggesting the following team.

Roberts
Full backs: Norman, White, Melbourne, Cokerill-Mollet
Centre Backs: Sadler, Scarr
Midfield: Kinsella, Vincent, Sinclair, Bates
Forwards: –

1 Like

Could Dutton play both Roberts and Rose? league two referees are pretty hopeless and might not notice…

#tacticalmasterstroke

2 Likes

Could put Roberts on one of the wings and ask him to shoot on sight from either touch line definitely got a chance of hitting the target which is much needed of late.

We could always do a Stuart Pearce and throw Roberts up front for the last 10 minutes (a la David James!)

I think it would be quite entertaining to see how the big man got on!

Don’t like the idea of plonking him out on the wing though @Scooby2167. He finds the touch from his kicking at the best of times so to see him hugging the touch lines would be a tactical disaster! :joy:

1 Like

And a Saddlers contemporary of Bobby Shintons for a while, Joe Mayo, for whom Cambridge was his last Club.

Mole and Gamble are poised to make their 1st team debuts as our new front two. They’ve been blamed for everything else, so on pitch abuse is long overdue.

Flapatit
Full backs: Clueless, Waster, Notahope, Plonker
Centre Backs: Hoofit, Missalot
Midfield: Scuttlebut, Fadetoblack, Cueball, Bloater
Forwards: – Wilson/Lightbourne/Rammel/Kirby/Jorge

With all those foreign players in defence, any one of those strikers
would still win us the match! Oh to dream of the days of strikers…
players who actually scored ‘goals’…remember them?

Even achieving more than two shot attempts would be an astonishing success after Tuesdays ‘build a breezeblock wall on the halfway line’ project!

Sorry folks…been on the sauce again!

1 Like

Nah, they wouldn’t find the tunnel to get on the pitch, hence saving the abuse.

That would be a mould gamble…
Erm I mean gold amble (in Cambridge)
Or a bold gamble.

I’m going to have a bet on Walsall nil…

I know what I voted for, but it will be a painful game, probably. Maybe with 12 defensive minded players would be different, but referees are not that bad. They count shirts properly. Unless of course someone will have a very good game. Doesn’t matter who. McDonald, Osei, Wright, Gordon, Lavery and Reid have exactly the same chance to play a super game. Quite minimal, but the same. If only defence could …, no, that was the last game. Good news, 90 mins plus added time and will be over.

It comes to something when on a Friday afternoon, looking ahead to a league game in the basement division as a Walsall fan, the height of realistic expectation is that we might somehow eek out a 0-0 draw whilst anxiously watching how Barrow are doing.

Goals, or even shots don’t enter the imagination. If we ever get better, and surely we will, the definition of bad will never be the same again. Only comparison I can make is the period following the sale of Stuart Rimmer.

4 Likes

I loved that striker @geordiesaddler but never wanted his name on the back of my Walsall top…

I got enough grief at school, being a Walsall fan, as it was! :grin:

I remember Claridge and Barrowman upfront towards the end of 2006. That was dire.

1 Like

From Barrowman to ‘We must finish above Barrow, man!’ I’m hoping that Wheel be okay but we’ve definitely shed some points this season and fork me, we need to get 3 points soon…

2 Likes
1 Like