Cameron Norman

Sorry I really don’t see the connection or even what you are moaning about here. I mean, even if we write off all of those youth teamers as not good enough (despite the fact quite a few players at league one level right now only had non league experience at their age) as you say they were signed by JW last year. So there’s literally nothing we can do other than cope with the budget. Which, because of the restrictions put in place by the board, isn’t big enough to have those players and 22 league one senior squad members.

So what on earth are you saying is the solution here? Don’t sign anybody and play them (none of whom are a right back by the way)? Because it’s going to cost just as much to get rid of them and we will still be in the same boat. As for moaning about loan players, chances are we aren’t paying all of their wage even! It’s literally irrelevant.

Another player with a Norwich connection.

1 Like

It’s bargain basement shopping, we all know that! 1 in 10 players will probably come good. When that happens we sell them on at the first opportunity!

Just can’t get motivated for any of it lol.

Doesn’t fill me with excitement either… but let’s give both players a chance. And hope keates brings a centre back in as well

Carryon asnormal

3 Likes

But he’ll need fund’s that’s why we’re filled with lack of quality all the time and when we do have anyone with quality there sold

1 Like

The attitude thing is a worry. Last thing we need is a knobhead and if he was any good and had a good attitude then you have to question why Oxford would allow him to leave.

I would have thought that proven experienced heads at this level is what is needed right now.

Id give him a chance obviously but this smacks of desperation.

Laird back, probably not as good as he was first time round, and some chap that seems like a massive gamble.

Hope it comes off.

Pretty sure after being their first choice right back at the start of the season, he fell out with Robinson and he was 3rd/4th choice. He was highly rated in non league and that was the reason they signed him initially, so hopefully we see that potential if he signs for us.

2 Likes

In normal circumstances, wouldn’t falling out with Robinson be seen as a massive positive?

12 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’d tried to sign him in the summer but he chose Oxford

Not really moaning …just pointing out that our budget could be used better. I would rather have a smaller squad with better players than a huge squad of players who are nowhere near the level required. I think I am coming round to the view expressed by a few on here that perhaps the Academy and all that goes with it should be scrapped. The problem is if we do that one of the things we do for our local community will be gone. Anyway this lad if we sign him I wish him well as I do all our players and he may turn out to be gem!!!

What budget!? That’s my point. How do you propose we sort the budget? What can anybody do about that? Because beyond loaning them out, which we are doing, or releasing them, which requires a pay off, there is not an awful lot we can do! As you said, they were all signed to deals by a bloke who isn’t here anymore. And besides most of these are still under 20 and qualify for our youth teams. You say they aren’t good enough, without watching them or letting them develop,

I’d rather have Cristiano Ronaldo up front with Lionel Messi. I’ve no logical idea how it can be done though!

With our “Norwich connection” can’t we get Delia to come and sort out the catering.

7 Likes

Thats strange post …the budget decided each year for the Manager to use. I would not have signed all these lads in the first place…they do cost us and thereby prevent the Manager using the funds elsewhere. I agree it cannot be sorted in this window and we will have to wait for the Summer. As I said in my original post there will have to be a “massive clear out” in the Summer.

Is it? Because your response to us potentially signing a right back is to criticise the squad size that we can do nothing about.

Yes? You do know that a wage bill includes the players we already have right?

??? So? What can be done about that now? Should we just not sign anyone because those players restrict who we can sign now? Because we are drastically short of first team options, whether you want to chuck kids in who aren’t actually at the club or not.

You seem to be both moaning about the squad size and pointing out there is nothing we can do about it at the same time.

Announcement imminent?

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1086215376554332160

It’s offish.

Undisclosed Fee apparently! Bloody hell.

Announced!

✍️ The #Saddlers are delighted to announce the signing of right-back Cameron Norman from @OUFCOfficial on a two-and-a-half-year deal!#WelcomeCameron

👉 https://t.co/hrLBtegJ2s pic.twitter.com/Mt1TODCSm8

— Walsall FC Official (@WFCOfficial) January 18, 2019

Two and half year deal!!! We must really rate this lad…lets hope he is as good as we hope.