Carl Rushworth Signs

New keeper signs from brighton. 1 year loan

1 Like
1 Like

Ex Halifax Fullarton connection again

3 Likes

As posted on rumours thread:
No problem with this. If they trust rose as number one and this young chap to push him then there’s no reason to not save money for elsewhere.

It was either going to be someone younger on loan or an experienced head let’s face it. With the defenders in front of him. Rose could well come into his own.

3 Likes

Some really positive comments now appearing on the twitter thread from Brighton fans

3 Likes

As I expected tbf a young loan player to push Rose.

Was scouted by Barcelona last year. Involved in England under 19s.
Got a good pedigree this lad . Hope he makes it

7 Likes

Brighton fans seem to highly rate him. So maybe a good challenge for Rose. I can’t imagine he’s been brought in just to be back up all season. Hopefully he will seriously push Rose for that number 1 shirt

5 Likes

Last season he was their young player of the season

2 Likes

Barcelona were linked with him six months ago for 4 million and he’s recently played for the England U19s.

Seems like a really good signing this does :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thrush or crawl

1 Like

He’s here to be number 1

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1401616909745917957?s=21

1 Like

Think this guy is here for the number 1 Jersey tbh but still think Rose will be number 1 as this lad hasn’t played league football

1 Like

Nor has Rose to be fair. I think there will be real competition.

I forecast recently it would be a young keeper from a Premiership Club. This guy looks good to me. Lets hope he is .Welcome to Walsall Carl.

1 Like

To be honest I think this guy will make the number one jersey his own. I can see Rose and him having a half each in our ritual slaughter by the Villa with Rushworth being the starter at Tranmere.

Squad numbers were usually a reliable source in knowing who was intended as season starting keeper.
No1 was usually first choice, guess not so much in the modern game.

I’m a tad surprised. Given the experience Taylor has opted for through the rest of the spine, I thought the base of that spine would be a thirty plus year old with 500 games under their belt.

This lad seems to have decent credentials and it is good we have competition for a really key part of the team.

Need to concentrate on the other end of the park now.

3 Likes

Know nothing about the kid but very happy with this based on how Brighton fans seem to rate him. The fact he was linked with Barcelona and the England U19 link shows he’s not shit. Good young talent who won’t be here to settle for second choice, proper competition.

2 Likes

I don’t mind us having a highly rated young keeper, you’ve only got to look at Dean Henderson and Jordan Pickford who had loan spells in League 2 in the early stages of their career to then climb the leagues and be England’s top two keepers.

4 Likes