Carl Rushworth Signs

Good shout but not this century. Although it felt like he stuck around for a hundred years, but I think it was only 10 or 12 games.

Iā€™d forgotten it was thirty years ago. Still haunts me now!

1 Like

I donā€™t think that Brighton will be accepting any offers this season for Rushworth. They havenā€™t sent him here to put him in the shop window, heā€™s here to get experience and games under his belt.
Theyā€™d be silly to take a few hundred grand now for a player who could be worth millions in a few years.

3 Likes

You never know. we could be saying in a few years that we gave the next England goalie a start :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Windy Gayle?

Like we did with Sam Johnstone!

Pomlett when he asks Brighton for the permanent transfer of Rushworth

2 Likes

Very very few players have impressed me as much as this lad did last night.

Credit has to go to JF for this.

4 Likes

How sad will it be when the topic :
Carl rushworth leaves comes up :unamused:

1 Like

The lad is obviously class and a potential England No 1 of the future with the right experience and continued development.

1 Like

This loan signing is undoubtedly one of the best we have ever made.
Filled me with confidence from the first minute of the Tranmere game to the last of the Doncaster match. Good work all round for securing such a good prospect.

Sometimes loan players look a class above our level right from the start. Martin Oā€™Connor, Gary Oā€™Neil, Chris Baird, Julian Joachim are a few that spring to mind, and this chap seems the same.

4 Likes

Great to have a keeper we have confidence in and Iā€™m guessing the defence feel the same infront of him.

Like last week at Tranmere, we had a corner and they countered us to the point where it was 3v1 and Carl made a superb save.

His distribution is fantastic too, heā€™s put one or two in the stand but I donā€™t mind that.

3 Likes

I liked it when he came out braveā€¦ knee in the air and Peter Clarke bounced off him and went down. How old is heā€¦ 20? Thatā€™s what you should be doing but old head on young shoulders this lad.

3 Likes

3 brilliant saves today great performance

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Brighton recall him if we keep playing like this every week.

At least they know heā€™ll be busy.

Good exposure for him and really good experience. Heā€™s making a name for himself by being in a team that allows him to be tested.

Loved it when he turned their forward inside out thereā€™s a fine line as a goalkeeper as long as he does those kinds of things when they are necessary heā€™ll be fine.