L 1-0 vs Carlisle United (A) - League Two - Sat 27th Nov, 3pm

I’ll be going… really looking forward to it after watching the game online on Tuesday.

I saw possible snow in Kendal for Saturday but Carlisle looked to be fine… hoping there will be no late postponement!

3-0… Earing + Miller x2

I know that’s my personal view, but in this league, when football quality is not that good, good execution of set pieces is vital for better results. I know it can be seen as something meaningless, but every detail counts. Few points more at the end can be the difference between meh season and a good one.

1 Like

Not sure about this…I hope for a win but have gone for a draw…1-1.

2 Likes

I. Am going 4 a home win because it’s the Walsall way we play poorly against the poor teams but I would liked to be proved wrong :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Their confidence must be rock bottom and ours sky high so go for early goal and keep attacking 2.0 away win for me time for miller to score and a n other.

This made me chuckle on the Carlisle forum, the thread being their team to face us.

Its nailed on we will kickstart their season, and in the remarkable circumstance of us not doing so, genuine optimism will get a cobweb sweeping.

5 Likes

We could easily play them off the park for a 1-0 victory.
Wilkinson is definitely a threat as is Earing when he plays in a more attacking role.
1-0 or 5-0, as long as we come home with the points.

This could be the perfect game for after Port Vale. Tuesday night will have been draining mentally as well as physically for the players, living up to the atmosphere created, so going to possibly the least emotionally taxing game of the season is probably a God send.

If their league position is true and they are worse than Oldham there’s no reason we can’t get a result here, as they were one of the worst football league sides I’ve ever seen. I’d be quite pleased if Carlisle dropped out of the league. Must be the one fixture most fans see in their listings and think “f*** that”.

Give ‘em a little respect. Their location, like ours, is an accident of geography.

4 Likes

Doesn’t change it being a nightmare journey for virtually all of the football league. Just reality, nothing to do with respect. We’ve all got teams we don’t fancy playing every year, this is mine.

Just like Plymouth the other way, but that won’t happen any time soon.

Carlisle are a proper football club, playing at their quirky home of over 110 years, the largest none all-seated stadium in the league and likely the last remaining that has terracing on 3 sides which of course used to be the norm. Their history is littered with bounce backs from adversity, from ground fires and floods, to lunatic owners, and of course from having already dropped out of the league. The geographical challenge you refer to that we (you) have to surmount once a season (although its no different to say a Hartlepool, Gillingham or Plymouth) faces them every fortnight, and yet they generally have a good away support including many decent ones at ours over the years. By the way, if you think Carlisle’s a pain, wait until you’ve been to Barrow :wink:

I certainly wouldn’t want to see them relegated, certainly not while the anomoly of Salford survive. And a trip to Crawley or Forest Green rather than Carlisle?? Really???

23 Likes

Ermmmm

:man_shrugging:

Ermmmm

:man_shrugging:

You have your clubs you dislike going to, I have mine

Yeah, really. Forest Green is about an hour and half away and is actually an interesting developing club.

But congrats on misquoting me so badly you got a response for a change :+1:

No I don’t.

I enjoy all away trips, and if I didn’t I’d just not bother.
Some are better than others granted, and some take longer than others to get to.

And by the way I didn’t “misquote you”. And your later post mentioning Plymouth was being typed the same time as my response.

Yeah you did, I copied the bit where you did. but hey ho, I’ve made my point and explained where you got my (not our) position wrong. Done interacting now :wave:

No I didn’t. You only selected the first bit of my sentence, which changes its meaning - so you actually misquoted me.

Was the original sentence, and the reason I said (you) in brackets is simply because I don’t have to surmount it because I live 60 or so miles from Carlisle, simple as that. So the high horse you subsequently decided to mount was for no reason whatsoever.

1 Like

:joy: Priceless.

Anyway, should be a win. I’m sure the thousands of Walsall fans in attendance will be creating a red hot atmosphere at one of the most exciting away days on the calendar.

You going?

“sigh”, yep. I’ve only missed three this season and watched one of those on iFollow :+1:

Fantastic, have a safe journey and brilliant day :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Its a good place for the visitor who likes a boozy day out

Opposite the ground is the Beehive but generally rammed with Cumbrians with spears, but head a bit further into the town & head for the Station, there are 2 Spoons & of the pubs I have been in myself notable mentions are Brew Dog Carlisle ( Next to one of the Spoons ) The Griffin or the Thin White Duke and if you want good nosh try the Last Zebra. I was working up there and stayed for just over a week and still have the hangover.

You might need to book for the Thin White Duke or the Last Zebra due to restrictions with the plague

Im going for a 0-2 to the soaraway Saddlers.

UTS

2 Likes