Carlisle United (A) - Sat 8th May, 3pm

Will everyone be watching in fancy dress?

2 Likes

Thanks for all the previews this season mate. Always a good read.

For me:
1 - Most likely. But if anything comes up and that could even be a trip to ikea, i think id rather go.
2 - This season has been a massive waste of time, money and effort. I will forget it at 7pm on Saturday. The pros are that Perry has come through and that weve got some money for Jukes, Eli and DC. Its also a pro that DCs gone (i was never really impressed with him or his style of play). The cons have to be the season, the off field management and the on field management basically the whole shabang. LP and his dir of football have a lot of work to do. Its a 2/10 for me Jeff.
3 - Massively. I cant wait to get back into it.
4 - two choices, Moneyball or Next Goal Winsā€¦ its a bit of a tear jerker but its brilliant.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly how I was going to word it :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely class documentary style film that is. Up there as one of my favourites if not the favourite.

Gregorys Girl is my favourite sport related film. Also liked Eight Men Out, which was about baseball. And Slap Shot about an ice hockey team was funny.

1 Like

Yes while walking up and down the Hednesford road doing a minnie the moocher

2 Likes

He may play a fair few kids.Its a ready made excuse for another defeat.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope briabs got his hiking gear on.

1 Like

Absolutely love Gregoryā€™s Girl. Itā€™s a great snap-shot of the time.
When I lived across the pond I got into the ESPN 30 for 30 series. 2 episodes that I watched over & over were:
June 17th, 1994 - Featuring the US sporting events from that day, including the opening day of the 1994 World Cup, the Knicks/Rockets NBA Finals, Arnold Palmerā€™s last round in the U.S. Open, and the New York Rangersā€™ Stanley Cup victory celebration. All of which were overshadowed by O.J. Simpsons run from the policeā€¦

The Two Escobars - About Pablo & Andres Escobar; the intertwining of crime and soccer in Colombia; and the connections between the deaths of both men.

3 Likes

Zigor Aranalde

I will watch it but not expecting anything out of the gameā€¦ hopefully we announce our release and retain list straight after so we can start building for next season

1 Like

SLAPSHOT! What a wonderful film. It stars Paul Newman as an ageing ice hockey pro who is captain of a team who are in decline and whose owner wants to sell up (sound familiar?).

He recruits a mishmash of new players, including the gormless Hanson brothers who turn every game into a bloodbath.
Itā€™s got violence, pathos, a love interest and loads of laughs.

My number 2 film of all time, beaten only by Airplane! Iā€™ll be watching it on Saturday instead of Duttonā€™s Duffers

1 Like

Yep - agree, Slapshot is great film.
Not sure if I can be arsed to watch Saturday although itā€™ll probably be 4 - 2 to us if I donā€™t.
Itā€™s been a horrible season with some horrible football - a lot of work to do during the summer to ensure it isnā€™t even worse next season.

Dutton has been in it for 3 months impersonating a manager.

Read the preview :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hope so and so does @WiltshireSaddler itā€™s the last one of the season so I guess Iā€™ll have another sky diver on it.

1 Like

Well I hope it comes in for you - nice to finish the season on a highā€¦

1 Like

Sorry m8 :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Lavery is coming dressed as a professional footballer.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s isnā€™t a costume in my 40 years on this planet that Iā€™ve seen good enough for that transformation.

2 Likes