Chairman Talks to Walsall Fan TV

Interesting response from Leigh about not speaking to Boner.
Would have been good to know if the self proclaimed number one fan has actually been to any games since getting us relegated.

And pigs will fly. He didn’t attend as Chairman, doubt he’d attend when not.

1 Like

He repeated his line about those 7 games being the difference between where we are now and the play offs :joy:

That’s bonkers.

3 Likes

I got half way through. “We brought in some fire power, Kiernan and Shade”

:joy::joy::joy::joy: alright Leigh. Bloke is f***ing clueless.

2 Likes

Also claimed that Monthe wasn’t the issue during that spell because “we had other centre halves”

Mayo Leak and Taylor. And he sold Taylor. Good luck arresting a slide with that.

1 Like

Credit to Simon and Leigh great interview, just a reminder that all the flak Leigh gets hes got the clubs best interest at heart agree with most of what was said especially about money dont buy success. Even though a slightly bigger wage budget would be nice. I think we can all agree if leigh sells up in 5 years time and we are league 1 or even league 2 with the freehold belonging to the club. Leighs reign can be deemed a success for club and fans.

22 Likes

Made me laugh as well loads of goals there then

1 Like

Other than the usual waffle, he came across a lot better to be fair there. Seemed to come across better answering questions directly other than when he is just talking into a camera.

3 Likes

Why? I keep seeing this line but I fail to see what tangible positive change we have seen in 3 years for LP to still deserve this cop out of an excuse?

We may as well say, ‘well he’s totally useless and has overseen 3 of the most miserable seasons in the history of Walsall Football Club - where he has receieved the benefit of a huge amount of extra support and goodwill from Walsall fans BUT at least he is not Jeff Bonser’. When does this rhetoric expire??

1 Like

It amazes me how little he has to do to win certain fans back over, or worse never lose them at all. That was some of the most delusional bullshit I’ve ever listened too. From squad size, to “fire power” to the “successes” of Jamie Fullarton. Total bollocks.

5 Likes

Fullarton was brilliant if you want to keep signing ex halifax players and signing ones that dont fit the managers system.Fire power my arse Shade and Kiernan arent strikers for a start Fullarton thought Miller was better than Barry and Archer from Villa.Clueless

4 Likes

Thats why because he isnt Bonser what else has he done so far?

Certainly claiming that Kiernan was fire power was top trolling.

1 Like

Fair play to the gent who hosts it, doesn’t pull many punches and asks the questions we’re all discussing. LP also comes across much better in this conversational style than the staged piece to camera nature of the club Pomcasts. As @DanG_WFC has mentioned elsewhere, you wouldn’t get many EFL Chairmen prepared to do this with a fan channel and it doesn’t look to have been edited.

Does seem odd however that an hour could be donated to an independent podcast on a week where no senior director was available for the WPM, and not entirely fair on the supporter groups who took time to attend the latter.

14 Likes

Nearly fell off my chair when he called him a forward to be fair.

2 Likes

I think its funny he says Fullarton found Flynn and then Fullarton got the boot.

Life comes at you fast.

Or indeed, a fan forum for example.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the WPMs and/or Focus Meetings knocked on the head.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear he hates doing this sort of thing and wishes he hadn’t made such a song and dance out of communicating with the fans more often. Even during that video, he seemed to be behind a thin veil of contempt for the bloke asking the questions, which considering this guy is clearly a dedicated fan, what does it say to his attitude for all of us. Case in point:

Fan: We learn something new every day

Pomlett: I wish

1 Like

I did pick that up! Perhaps this was a pre-interview for the SLO position that went awry…

2 Likes