Chairman

There is no way in any world freebie loans on guys who’ve barely played league football to replace one of the best players in the teams is anything other than scrapeing the barrell in terms of cost.

So something gone very wrong over last 6 months (baring in mind it was same policy right at end of the October window) or it was just a downright lie. Think I know which of the two it was.

He’s got more than Walsall FC to worry about.

Who we on about Thanny?

Nice post. When exactly does being a “well-run club” actually become advantage?

Naively, I thought that covid might be the ‘great leveller’ that means our prudent approach finally pays off, but if anything it seems to have hit us harder. I suppose if you’re a club like Salford and your whole business model is based on running at a loss the pandemic hasn’t really changed too much. Okay, the losses will be bigger, but the basic model is still the same. For a club like us, who rely on actually making money, rather than just spending it, it’s a disaster.

I think realistically most of us Saddlers want to see the club firmly established in League One, making the occasional tilt at promotion. It seems that’s basically impossible with our current business model, unless we can consistently recruit Dean Smith-quality managers, which is highly unlikely.

5 Likes

A sign of change maybe??

1 Like

With the mention of signs above, perhaps he’ll cut straight to the chase and appear like this?

,end nigh

2 Likes

I think it will be just a case of saying “thank you for your support in these difficult times,just keep your shoulders against the barricades”.

He has a go at the fans in any way tomorrow and he will just ignite things further.

People ay stupid.

2 Likes

Some of our fans are.

6 Likes