Chairman's Update

That he was an accountant is hardly a qualification for representing our views on the board. This feels like a sop to the plebs if you ask me.

The info that appeared on social media wasnā€™t that he worked for Bonser but that he is an ex work colleague of Stefan Gamble.

I think there being some fan representation on the board is a good thing.

However how itā€™s come about, how qualified he is and what is the remit of the position are the questions that spring up.

Just seems a little odd that someone can volunteer to take some queries on behalf of fans then not long after theyā€™re elevated to the board of directors. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Does it matter what he did as a job? I can confirm he is a down to earth walsall bloke who, as I said, used to stand on the terraces at Fellows Park.

I have no idea if he worked with Gamble to be honest. And, as I say, I have no idea if he voices fansā€™ opinions as vociferously as they would like. But hereā€™s a truthā€¦if he has been elevated in status in the club, thatā€™s because the board think they can work with him and that has to be a good thing because you can bet your life they wouldnā€™t invite someone into the inner sanctum if it was someone who was a constant thorn in their side, however much we might like that.

4 Likes

What he said about the attendances was quite funny weā€™d av 5,000 in league 2 , 8,000 if we was doing well in league 1 and the stadium wouldnā€™t be big enough in the championship :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what a load of bollocks the last time we got 8,000 was Vs Northampton they brought about 1800 and it was a fiver in for us

In other words heā€™s their man and not ours. All very in house if you ask me, guaranteed not to rock the boat too much.

8 Likes

LP did say he isnā€™t there to make decisions. Heā€™s there to remind the decision makers that there are fans to think of and to gauge their opinion on stuff before making those decisions. SLO, whoever it may be now or in the future wonā€™t be in a position to rock the boat even if they wanted to, thatā€™s not why theyā€™re there.

3 Likes

Thanks very much Thanny, I was going to appoint you as excutive head of stadium latrine hygene management.

Nevermind, Iā€™ll buy you a pint Satdy (should our paths cross) instead. :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely :handshake:

Interesting about the SLO.

Is he on the board or attending board meetings (there is a subtle difference)?

Also, how does this fit with the supporters groups such as The Trust and ISSA? I remember @Dhforever approaching LP with an offer of investment for a representative on the board which was rejected.

Good question. I read it as attending board meetings, not necessarily invited onto the board

Actually on the board, otherwise they wouldnā€™t have to go through the fit and proper persons process and register it with Companies House

2 Likes

Seems a lot of work for a person operated email forwarding system.

6 Likes

Perhaps when he is a fully fledged board member he will be empowered to follow things through and be accountable rather than a mere email forwarder to the mole hole and buried

All we have got at the moment, you our correct, he is just a SLO in name only and a glorified email forwarder, perhaps he will be empowered to action things when sat at the big table

1 Like

Only just got round to watching this.

I welcome the appointment of a fan representative on the board but Iā€™m not sure this is the right way. The representative should be the fans choice - the club selected the SLO.

It was always one of the Trustā€™s aims to get a place on the board so is a bit of a slap in the face for them albeit that is not me saying should be from them either.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in agreement with the majority of other fans, I think itā€™s a great idea to take fan representation into board room however if club are going to hand pick them then why bother, let the SLO be elected every 4 seasons by the fans not the club.

6 Likes

Maybe we could nominate & vote for Rob Harv3y if we ever do get the vote on SLO that would put cat amongst tā€™pigeons

Think his footwear for board meetings would have to improve from them blue pumps tho

Got a lot of experience in mail forwarding to boot

3 Likes

In regards to the SLO I can tell you that he has been a fan for many years, loves the club and whenever I have contacted him regarding anything it has been sorted that day. Really nice genuine chap.

3 Likes

Must admit I have emailed him a few times this week and he has responded almost immediately.

1 Like

New video from Mr. Pomlett

2 Likes

Glad that he has recognised the support of the fans, and quite rightly so.

1 Like