Chairman's Update

As much as I appreciate updates and the fact the Chairman is more open with us, they are pretty pointless when you’ve wasted 8 mins listening to nothing new.

1 Like

Now you know how people feel listening to your stand up comedy routines :wink:

4 Likes

He can only respond to the questions asked.
I don’t think he’s ever put under real pressure in these videos, and he seems to have an easy ride. Hopefully the fans will get the chance to ask more searching questions at the forum, but will these questions be vetted beforehand?

2 Likes

Should’ve asked if the loan signings will still be here January. I get fed up of listening to the interviewer, 'Can you give us your thoughts on…) I wish he would vary his questions.

1 Like

Surely can ask these questions at the forum

I expect them to be asked there but he should too.

The interviewer works for the club, he’s probably been told what to say.

Not much of value, he’s been saying “this is a talented squad” for 2 and a bit years. I think it has talented players within it (Miller, Rushworth, Kinsella, Earing, Wilkinson, Mayo) but as a collective? Not so sure. Looks mid table to me (which is where I thought at the start of the season but still short of the goals he stated).

1 Like

Pointless. Dosnt tell the fans the things they want to know about

So. The fantastic squad… A significant proportion are on loan. Therefore what’s the plan. Send them back and start all over again.

The freehold…

Budget available in January…

Clearly the interviewer is just given a script by Leigh in terms of the questions to ask him. It’s not a ‘proper’ interview

3 Likes

Saved me watching it mate thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

Tom Heslop is starting to do my head in now to be honest. Looks to me that MT is starting to feel the same as he has actually Started to more or less ask the same question that MT has just answered in his previous question if that makes sense .

6 Likes

Droives me mad on a Saturday. Oy and woyde

I didn’t want to criticise Tom Heslop directly, but I think it’s getting tedious him asking the same questions to Matt, Leigh and the players.
It doesn’t take much imagination to come up with some more searching and topical questions, rather than those he repeats time and again.
Money for old rope, if you ask me.

9 Likes

Shame really , I thought it was good when Tom started doing the various interviews ,
but now they really grate on me , same questions to everyone , which as we all know are scripted for him as he is employed by the club , not his fault but still boring none the less .

3 Likes

I can’t bring myself to waste 8 minutes of my life watching this to be honest.

The questions put to Matt post game after the initial “can I have your thoughts on the 90 minutes” aren’t even questions, he is almost telling him what he needs to say.

4 Likes

Here’s a question I’d like asked of Matt after the game at Sutton:-

Who has not been given permission by their parent clubs to play at Kings Lynn next week?

That’s the sort of question fans need answering, particularly those planning to make the trip to Norfolk. The club don’t want you to know that in all likelihood Mayo, Phillips and Miller will not be allowed to play.

So who will be on the forward line then?

Wilkinson and Shade!! Need I say more?

2 Likes

It would be a very good question but I’d imagine something along the lines of ‘why would we let our opponents know who is or isn’t playing in advance’ or ‘you’ll know when the teams are announced on Saturday’ would be most managers answers to that one.

1 Like

All I’ll say to that is that Kings Lynn will do their homework and they’ll prepare for all scenarios.
My concern is our chances of progress in the FA Cup are severely affected by the absence of these players, at a time when the club desperately needs to get beyond Round 2 to boost revenue.
The fans are desperate for some success and a cup run offers that chance. A depleted squad would kill all the optimism, and apart from the signing of Khan, the club has done nothing to address the lack of cover for the strikers.

I don’t know the answer but Rushworth, Mayo, and Philips all played in the league cup.
On that basis there’s little reason to speculate they wouldn’t be allowed to become cup-tied in the FA Cup, plus they are all season long loans. If they (or Miller) get recalled or sold in January and are cup-tied its just one of those things surely?

Joe Foulkes played in the FA cup for Kiddy, and in doing so didn’t just get himself cup-tied but got himself a fractured ankle and detatched ligaments that could keep him out for 3 -6 months.

Its just the way things can go when you loan players out and I doubt whether there would be any restriction on our loan players other than playing against their parent clubs.

2 Likes

The guys shit like a broken record let him work for the club that’s fine but get someone else to do the interviews who will actually ask what fans want to know not the same repetitive boring garbage that’s served up now.I appreciate the fact Leigh does these interviews something we never had before but please freshen them up a bit and let someone else ask the questions it’s becoming boring now like when he interviews new players it’s the same every time how delighted are you to be here? What does he expect them to say keep him off the commentary as well what he knows about football could be written on the back of a stamp.

All the interviewer does is invites him to promote the club.