Change! Change! Change!

Time to re-visit this thread I feel. I started it originally in an attempt to invite fans views/ideas on how to positively effect change at the club, not necessarily to debate the demise of/reasons why.

If we want change of ownership, change of direction, change on the board; how do we as fan base effect this? How do we show the board a united protest/campaign etc….

Our track record is appalling at this; not since the 80’s have we had a unified campaign for change and we have put up with a lot in the last 20/25 years and particularly now.

Falling out without each other on here is one thing. Not going to games is another. But how do we get our club back?

1st February for me is the next milestone in our clubs future.

6 Likes

We as supporters of the Saddlers have never been united when it comes to trying to get our club back. The full scale hatred between certain sections of support that shows through on here on a regular basis just goes to show that as a combined ‘force to be reckoned with’ we are the pits. The board know this, so they can do as they wish with our club (ie very little, as has been shown by our tremendous activity in the transfer market this month) in the knowledge that they can get away with utter disinterested garbage free from action from the unsavoury plebs.
Things I’m afraid will continue to slip into the abyss of despair for us all, because our antiquated useless uninterested board couldn’t care a jot about the irritating football team that interrupts their commercial activities (that ensure the bosses rent is paid).
I’m sorry, but our beloved Walsall F.C. is heading towards oblivion. Beginning to feel like Bury Supporters must have felt.

So 9 months on from the last post on this thread & I’m struggling to think of anything that has changed, despite the events of the summer.

So much is wrong with our club! Ffs!

1 Like

Pomlett, Mole.and Gamble, the 3 useless Amigos.

Oh and Whalley.

1 Like

The beer?

3 Likes

Looking through all the bluster, spin, press, nonsensical statements of intent etc etc the only changes that have come about have been for the worse in 7 years, now. Nothing, literally nothing has changed in the way anything operates at the club. And now we are turning on another manager.

We are at the lowest ebb we have ever been for a consistent spell and STILL we have the same CEO, the same COO and a ‘new’ Chairman that has been here for a decade.

For christ sake Trivela step up

2 Likes

I’m not turning on Flynn. What do people want from him. He’s publicly stated the playing budget is no where near the top 10. Therein lies the problem.

1 Like

Like a few of us have said how many managers can we keep blaming? Whitney Keates Clarke Dutton Taylor and now Flynn the budget cant be that good you can see that from the type of signings we have made there’s been more but the quality looks about the same as it has the last 3 seasons that points to only one thing.

1 Like

But they know the budget ( whatever it is ) before they come, There is no way Flynn and Hatswell didn’t know what they had to work with, and of course none of us actually know what that may or not be.
Personally I’m still hopeful that they can get a improvement out of their squad.

3 Likes

Has he? Where?

I still think these injuries have a lot to do with it. We can judge when the players are back.

1 Like

Just putting this one in here, wouldn’t want people ignoring facts that don’t suit agendas.

7 Likes

Dan this was after his initial comments on the budget, my guess is he’s been told to keep his mouth shut and stop being negative.

Or he’s spunked the budget :rofl:

Express and star article night before fans forum

More praise from Flynn for the owners, after signing “the best player in the national league” for what could be a substantial transfer fee.

4 Likes

He’s not going to keep quiet if he’s really as fed up as everyone thinks though. Seems to be like he’s continuously gone back to the board for extra funds, got them and it isn’t working so put himself under more pressure, probably why hes in a huff.

2 Likes

You could be right, however I can’t see where the money has gone?

Half the squad is u23 loans which I’m guessing are free, or it just hasn’t paid for much I.e Williams , Abraham , Comley.

Not seeing where the money has gone is the problem , as I’ve said previously, you would like to think the management team would know exactly what they are signing.

Don’t buy the large investment. Soundbites and just a case of saying the right thing. Many of the signings are rubbish. Abraham, Pryzbek, Douglas James, Cashman etc are crap. Almost free to the club I would have thought. I certainly hope they aren’t costing alot

Money must have been there if we were as close as Flynn said himself to bringing forwards in with fees agreed etc surely.

2 Likes