Change! Change! Change!

Don’t care about close tbh. It’s irrelevant. None of it was actually signed off.

Not our fault if a club fron the league above comes in at the last minute. The club had funds, the club gave extra funds. Fact.

1 Like

Indeed. Trivela promised investment in infrastructure initially - revitalising the old Saddlers Club building was a priority. Any additional investment in the playing side was notional at best. Flynn must know this, seeing as even I do, based in NZ. His experience is a massive asset to the club’s potential, our apparent poverty is less of an attraction to him.

I’m at a loss yo explain how a club that for years had a budget that could keep it in League One now struggles to find any sort of traction for success in League Two. It certainly can’t be the manager, as we’ve tried so many in the last few years, so to point the finger at the latest incarnation is to miss the main target.

The club is in a downward spiral, static at best with the impetus from Trivela, because it is moribund. It has no direction. It may have people who can repeat some mantra from a quick management refresher course, but they have no ideas off the pitch to support these hollow words.

Everything off the pitch is like the reheated pies served at the kiosks.

9 Likes

This is how I see it :+1:t2:

I also think when Flynn joined he received amazing support from the fans, it now has to walk the hard miles.

I really hope he turns it around mind as he’s a good bloke.

3 Likes

The parallels with MT and Clarke are striking.

Both seemed good people at the start, but then the club seems to drag them down to some sort of depressive state.

The Walsall FC gravity well. Something is just wrong.

7 Likes

It’s frustration mate, knowing how close they are but not quite having the players to get them there.

1 Like

How someone thousands of miles away can perfectly encapsulate the predicament of Walsall FC when a lot in a WS post code cant see what is literally in front of them :joy::clap:

Quoting articles from Saddlers.com & the E&S! The same places LP has spouted his nonsense from time and again.

2 Likes

Good post and so sad to the decline of a stable league 1 club into one that just survives every year in and amongst the dead men of the basement division. Boycott can spout what crap he likes as far as I’m concerned. He won’t convince me that Trivela are putting any extra money in with the awful signings in close season. Many of these players would either be nearly free or at a very marginal cost. As dh1 has always said the true hand of Trivela will be revealed as time goes on. Gut feeling is that the priority definitely isn’t ON the pitch

1 Like

Not forgetting that since Jeffs exit, the club has received substantial extra support, both financial and otherwise!

Pointing at covid is a lazy and quite frankly ridiculous cop out considering it was the same for every single club.

“A number of our rivals will go out of business, but unlike them we are stable” another Pomlett statement that has aged like milk - number of clubs gone bust = 0.

2 Likes

We aren’t the first club to face the same struggles. This league and non league is littered with clubs, who historically played higher.

I want success as much as any fan, but we don’t have any devine right for said success. The problem lies deeper than just the budget, as other teams have proven budget isn’t the be all and end all.

2 Likes

I believe the best way to judge the size of of a club is by the fan base and based on that our rightful place is probably top half of league 2.

1 Like

I will be interested to see how long they stick around after reuniting stadium and club.

Absolutely rubbish

1 Like

Totally off the mark there I’m afraid. Walsall has never been a basement division club. Always a league 1 Club. Third division to me.

3 Likes

Sorry i thought we were currently a 4 tier team, must all be a dream. My bad

1 Like

Buy yourself a book. You might get one in the club shop. I can assure you Walsall fc dosnt sit historically at the bottom end of the 4th division. Appreciate that you may think that’s the case because that’s all you’ve ever witnessed but it’s wrong

We live in the present not the past. I simply said the best way to judge the size of a club is by the size of the fan base based on that we are probably top half league 2.

When you say fanbase what is it you mean, are you thinking of average attendances, or is there another criterion?

Well yeah average attendance is your core fan base

Historically a third tier team ( probably more so than any other)and that’s where we need to get back to ASAP before we are considered a basement club with falling attendances.

1 Like