Change! Change! Change!

Reading that has chilled me to the bone.

Lets not forget this is less than two months after fans were allowed back and is literally our fifth away day. Wow, we really are in very choppy waters here.

1 Like

Hope not. He should keep his gob shut now until he actually has something to say.

Lots of recycled words and hot air in the latest videos.

1 Like

I’ve given my support home and away all season, but I will not be going to Exeter now this weekend. Nothing appears to have improved on the dire we have endured over the last 5 or 6 years…

1 Like

This is really sad , probably the most powerful expression of how fans are starting to feel , much more so than our petty squabbles between each other , as has already been said I hope this news makes it back to the boardroom , would be good to see any sort of reaction , although I won’t hold my breath .

It’s not a romantic notion , there are several examples of it actually happening and working

You know what’s funny, we have changed our owner, changed our manager, changed our football strategy, changed our first team players, changed our formation and we are still dog - there is one last thing to change and that’s our attitude as fans towards the players. Imagine how much JC and NC must dislike us to celebrate the way they did, the last player I seen clap our fans playing for another club was Andy Taylor and that was years ago! If my son had a bad game playing football, I wouldn’t berate and abuse him of all over social media - because what really comes from that other than me venting my own feelings. I honestly think it’s time, wether it be until the end of October or November we as fans try and be more positive, it might help turn our fortunes! I mean what have we got to lose we are 2 places of rock bottom of the football league!!!

4 Likes

That’s the least of the worries at the moment

So we are all supposed to play nicely when it’s absolutely pi’s* poor on and off the pitch , as fans our only real outlet to vent is at the game .
You say we should stay positive , but that’s a two way street , they need to give us something to be positive about.
If the football’s ok it papers over the cracks , but when it’s not then as a paying fan you are surely entitled to say what you think , obviously within acceptable social guidelines.
In my business if I don’t provide the expected service I fully expect to receive a reaction from my clients, it’s basically the same thing .

3 Likes

TAMWORTH has a point and so do you. The lack of success over the past decade plus is very frustrating and I understand that. The overall performance of the team is simply not good enough.In using the word team I include all those on the football side of the business however what I don’t get is the over the top criticism of individual players. Following Saturday’s game for example some people were posting that Osedebe was faking injury!!! We have people writing players off after just a few games on a regular basis. I think everyone of this year’s signings have been pilloried with the exception of the goalkeeper. I just don’t get it. I suppose its what social media is about though and it happens in other areas of life too.
I would just ask everyone to be a little kinder to our players who despite our poor performances have shown no sign to me that they are quitters.

6 Likes

Regrettably, despite your optimism most of the ‘players’ are! When things go wrong it is plain to see how the heads drop, and the meagre enthusiasm collapses, something ain’t right at this club, and, unless someone unravels this malaise we are heading towards the oblivion of non league.

I get your point, all I am saying is what has our attitude done to help the club? All we do is make the players dislike us! Why would they want to perform better when they go on Twitter and see Dave from Aldridge is calling osadebe a lazy so and so after he has just given 110% and obviously tried his hardest. All we are doing is giving the management team a harder job as they not only have to pick them up from a defeat but also from the pointless abuse they are taking.

4 Likes

Fair play for lumping 4,000+ match going supporters into one group with exactly the same actions/mindset :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I don’t think we will reach the giddy heights of 10th this season but to completely write us off so soon is ridiculous.

Remember what Barnsley did afew years back?

1 Like

People comparing us to Barnsley, people comparing us to BARCELONA :joy: ridiculous. Just stop and think for a second - these are clubs that have demonstrated consistently over the years that they have people in the board room that understand the modern game.

What exactly makes anyone think that we are in the same stratosphere? What have you seen that gives you the belief that we are capable of operating like Barnsley?! Money is going missing, assets are sold at the fist opportunity with little or no thought given to the risk of us losing our football league status - we are continually told porkies to illicit hard earned cash - when was the last time Barnsley were second from bottom of the football league?!

I love my fellow fans and it’s the only reason I still post, please please get real and look at what’s in front of us - thats all I can keep saying. LOOK. I wish I knew what the answer is to enact change, but let’s just stop with the crossing of our fingers and hoping for the best.

Some of this is just absolutely bananas haha.

2 Likes

I’m actually lumping the 100 fans that decide to slate our team over social media. That 100 fans probably have a bigger impact on the players than the 4K at the game… One thing we all have in common is we are loyal passionate fans, i just don’t get why we can’t support them through the tough times.

2 Likes

But that’s exactly the same at any other football club.

1 Like

Duck me we have a fan base of around 4k and our 2 supporters groups cant even get on and you talk about fan owned :rofl: one group is busy building a non league football club at their local drinking whole and the other group would run the club the same way it is now, Cliques and the like.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more , said it for ages there should only be one supporters group .
Regards having a fan owned club no one said it would be easy , but honestly apart from substantial investment from somewhere can you see anything but perpetual struggle .
Even if there were new money available I don’t think I’d be entirely happy entrusting it to the current board
Having said all that I’m pretty sure that the current budget is perfectly adequate to give us a much better squad than we have . This can only be down to the combined efforts of the DOF and management team

Right I can see my point is going no where, I am very confident that if we managed to find a way to interview ex players from the past 3/4 years they would say our support is extremely toxic compared to other clubs.

3 Likes

Did you not hear the Bristol fans singing " this is embarrassing"
Obviously before they scored