Cheltenham Town (H) Tue 16th Feb, 7pm

Maybe we will batter them

2 Likes

Because I reckon those 7 other clubs are about as interested in having it on as we are to be honest. I really really struggle to believe that, had grounds been full (well, as full as we can get), we’d have called off two Saturday home games in a row and not taken a little more care over the pitch. Without snow (and I don’t mean the drizzle that didn’t even stick that called the first one off), I can’t remember that happening period.

It’s really cold. Always is in Feb.

1 Like

After Tuesday, must say I’m looking forward to a weekend without watching Walsall

3 Likes

Actually it’s 8 from 12 postponed. For some reason many fixture lists (like the BBC and Sky) aren’t showing our game any more, nor Newport vs Exeter - which is now also moved to Tuesday - but are showing all the other P-Ps.

I assume it was covered in the build up to Tuesday’s game and been covered since and with no chance of temperatures getting a few degrees above freezing to enable it to thaw so what ‘more care’ could we have taken?

I mean, I know people take the ■■■■ out of it, but I’ve seen oil drums with fire burning in them to heat the pitch and get a game on previously. We seem to have managed to get games on for years, now it’s impossible to get two on in a row.

Yes, that’s what I said, our game plus 7 of the other 11.

Either way it’s down to only 2 left on now!

1 Like

Wasn’t the braziers to heat small parts of the pitch that hadn’t thawed, rather than them being used to thaw the whole pitch?

2 Likes

That’s right. Mainly the 18 yard box that we were attacking.

2 Likes

I have no Idea.

Surely at some point in the past few seasons we would have encountered the issue of a frozen pitch and somehow got around the situation? All I know is we’ve played one game in 24 days (by Tuesday) And I’ve never known that happen any other season in Jan/Feb.

Weathers suppose to improve temperature wise as of Sunday up to 10° in the day down to 5° at night so I reckon there shouldn’t be any issues.I won’t be paying to watch them again until I read that there’s been a marked improvement in playing style or performance we don’t look like challenging for anything at this moment in time so my moneys staying in my pocket.

1 Like

We called off the Mansfield game for a waterlogged pitch and played it 10 days later and now this game has been rearranged 3 days later so not entirely our fault we have only played 1 game in 24 days as we have had away games called off at the equally tinpot :slight_smile: Crawley and Southend in the last few weeks.

Yeah, a waterlogged pitch. After a bit of snow. Wasn’t convinced by that either if I’m honest. Are you saying we don’t usually have rain in Jan and Feb as well as not having cold nights?

To be fair I never said we were tinpot, but I did say I think clubs are just as “CBA” about this as we are. I didn’t even say they were all our fault, I said if clubs, as in all of them, home and away, were relying on a crowd we wouldn’t see so many PPs.

Or maybe it’s a coincidence that I’ve literally never seen us only play 1 game in 24 days and this is the first season ever clubs aren’t relying on the biggest crowd possible for income.

We will probably play like lemons.

I have memories of the 62/63 season, now that was a postponement.

1 Like

According to the met office the central area of England recieved 173% of the long term average rainfall for January.
Thats a lot of rain.

Percentages, pershmentages.

Depends what the average is. If for example the average was 10cm then 173% would be another 7.3cm which ay a lot of rain.

:cowboy_hat_face: ( not sure what this means, but Thanny uses it when he’s being clever)

8 Likes

The average in January is 66cm . In January 2021 we had 114cm.

1 Like

Not really arsed if it’s played Saturday or Tuesday to be honest.

Its fooking brass monkies anyway. Was - 2 this afternoon when I ventured out.

Cool. Still sure I’ve never seen so many games cancelled and equally sure we’ve had near that level, even if above average, before.