Choice of captain - White

The goal yesterday doesn’t happen without Kins. Breaks up play, makes a short forward pass to a creative player. That’s his role, he does it every week and doesn’t shirk.

15 Likes

It honestly blows my mind. Compare his playing ability to any midfielder in the side other than Earing and he comes out favourably.

3 Likes

I think you watch different games from me. He is not a slow player at all. But, as usual, you are entitled to your view.

2 Likes

Yep. I actually watch them :man_shrugging:

Not slow? He turns like a warship.

For those of us that were around in the 70’s, that post reminds of Connections, a tv series introduced by James Burke.
I’m pretty sure the real reason we scored was because I fell up the stairs in’The Church’ (bar in Chester) on Friday night at my youngest sons stag do :joy:
I’m okay folks and yes I had the best of times . :arrow_right:PERIOD

Interestingly he only has one more booking than White, maybe that is what you have to do to be Captain.

1 Like

"I see it as it is not with rose tinted glasses "
Brilliant and hilarious

But with rather fewer games, I think.

Labadie doesn’t deserve to come back on the team next game or even be on the bench . Has shown mills , osadebe ability this season
Captain material my arse

Only 3 and 650 odd minutes more for White over Labradie so not massive difference given suspensions and injuries that Labadie has had.

Thonk.that’s the point though - total number of bookings each is fairly close, but Labadie’s booking-per-minutes-played is much higher than White’s.

I wouldn’t have Labadie as captain. You need to be a role model and set a good example on the pitch, neither of which he does.

My point was given White has been a near ever present and Labadie has had injuries and suspensions I expected the difference in games and minutes to be bigger.

1 Like

White has not been the worst this season - and let’s be real, very few on this forum know if he’s a leader in the dressing room either.

I trust Flynn’s decision

5 Likes

Of the team that played, Kinsella is the one most of us would have chosen, but after him, White has as good a shout as anyone else.

Kinsella might not actually want to be captain, perhaps he wants to focus on his game without the extra responsibility.

1 Like

Did Sadler make the choice or was it Flynn?

Apparently Flynn forgot who was skipper last week and gave it to white based on training
In the E&S

2 Likes

Like everyone else I was puzzled by this and think Kinsella is the obvious choice, the only thing that occurred to me was whether this was a bit of man management and he thinks White is only of those people that if you want to get the best out of him you have to give him a bit more responsibility.

Guess we’ll see over the coming weeks.

3 Likes

Of the team that played, Kinsella is the one most of us would have chosen, but after him, White has as good a shout as anyone else.