Clarke

One persons provocation is another persons reasonable point :thinking:

For some ,it was. Someone whose expectation was play-offs would be rewriting his history, though.

what I don’t expect, He’s playing 34 year old no pace liddle right back who’s a CDM/CB at best. Zak jules who’s a CB at left back and 1up front in Rory gafney. Clarke out probably a bit strong and let the constant negative tactics get the better of me but come on? He’s gotta be doing better than this surely. The defeat I can accept but the manor of defeats.

3 Likes

Fair play, heat of the moment stuff. DC’s interview should be on WM in a minute, let’s hear what the bloke has to say…

1 Like

Lets hope the interview contains an apology to all those fans who made that tiresome journey down there to be met with yet another crud capitulation. Sort it, stop talking, start sorting, certain players are never gonna make it, get rid of 'em and/or ship 'em out! Show some balls, your supposed to be the boss!

1 Like

Well no surprises:

A couple players haven’t stepped up. - our bargain basement ‘filtering’ process will take a while.

I tend to agree with DC , systems and tactics are not really the issue here, it’s individuals who just don’t have the quality for this level.

So yes it is Clark’s team, but he’s open about that his recruitment process is to scoop up the dregs and hope to find a live one in the net. For every one Wes MacDonald there’s gonna be 5 Adabayos I think.

1 Like

He said he’s going to be ruthless, but the bottom line is we’re in for a painful and inconsistent few months.

All we can do is keep shouting UTS!

I certainly will be, hoping to make it along the M6 to Oldham on the 22nd, hopes may be high that we won’t ship 3 goals there (at least I hope not!)
UTS.

Have we gelled yet?

Just read some of the comments he has made after the match. In my opinion just typical “manager speak”
He assembled the squad, he coaches them, he decides the tactics
I want him to succeed but we still fork out 400K per year to you know who and perhaps that’s where the real problem is.
Time for Mr. Pomlett to front up to many loyal supporters

I was reading one of his interviews from the end of his Bristol rovers tenure infact I think it was the final interview he made…he’s been saying the same things for years.The players he’s bought just simply aren’t good enough my personal feeling is the players probably don’t like his attitude either because the straight talking will only keep people happy for a certain amount of time it’s getting tedious now from where I’m sitting.

2 Likes

Not entirely sure what to make of him, I quite like him, but can’t help thinking he’s a bit Mourinho - what once worked brilliantly for him, now doesn’t, and he’s not sure how to change it.

5 Likes

Clarkes Wm interview

my concern is how can you be ruthless if the players sitting in the wings are worse than the one’s on the pitch?

8 Likes

Exactly my point. Those negative/defending a 1-0 lead out tactics don’t work in modern game.The game changed and Mourinho found it out so has pulis and many others. Set up 433/442 win ,lose or draw and have ago. We’re losing anyway so what’s it matter.

2 Likes

I presume he means those on short term contracts will go and some of the loanees will go back to their clubs. The one exception I would make is MacDonald who deserves a longer deal based on his performances so far.

4 Likes

By law of averages, 50% of 1st team transfers actually working, we should have 6 decent players now. 6 out in Jan, 6 in, 3 of which will be useful, means we should have a 3/4 decent team by the end of this season and perhaps then a decent team 20/21 if we don’t lose any from the decent stock.

Any better than that would have been a fluke, especially shopping where we do, the discarded point to prove aisle of (Gary) Lidl.

I agree with this, the game today is all about defending from the front

I thought they were OK today - deserved to be winning at half-time, then let down by individual errors rather than any fundamental flaw in the system. I’d far rather stick with this promising manager than panic and press the eject button.

12 Likes

The manager can’t be blamed for individual errors that is down to the players

1 Like

Of course he can’t be blamed for their errors but he can be blamed for signing players who aren’t good enough to take on board his coaching and tactical methods.
That squad is crap

7 Likes