Clarkey Out

I was lucky enough not to watch it tonight ,I’ve seen enough to be honest ,It’s getting all to predictable game after game and I’m getting board of it .

It’s a very good point wow what a mess mate what a bloody mess

I get your drift, but I consider myself fortunate to be able to watch every game. I love it, even if it’s a bit painful at the minute. Haven’t missed a game this season.

Maybe I’m just demented (or fermented).

4 Likes

I did consider it , but I took the lad to football training instead and by the sounds I saw some better football from 8 year olds :rofl:

2 Likes

What, at Home to Stevenage? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I actually think it’s a bit like Scunthorpe appointing Paul Hurst last season. Did wonders at Sloppies then didn’t work out at Ipswich but you’d have thought league 2 would be right level to get going again.

He barely won a game and was out by new year. Problem here is DC has now had 18 months and still there isn’t consistant style or results other than drawing endless games 1-1 against mediocre opposition.

Sloppies sacked Sam Ricketts just last week and appointed Steve Cotterill who must be on a bigger wedge given he’s been managing in championship last 5 years.

I know they had 2k back in tonight but their chief exec said on Midlands today that was still loss making for them given many were season ticket holders.

Even in these times I’m sure Pomlett will see the bigger picture. Dropping into non league so even more reduced income next season even if things get back to normal as you’d struggle to get 3k at national league level at the start and you’d lose that kudos of being league club that can attract reasonable sponsorship.

So find some money down the back of the sofa now to stop an even bigger financial black hold in 12 months I’d say.

It’s isn’t going to happen though is it. He hasn’t got any money.
It’s like buying a big house in a nice area you can’t afford only to lose your job a few months later.

Who are we going to get to manage us with the experience of clarke and his promotions, for a bag of pork scratchings and a focus hire car and have to use the backroom staff thats already here. Whats Jimmy mullen doing nowadays

It will be an interim like Sadler or more likely Llera imo for a few weeks to see how they go. You never know, DS started in this fashion deep in the bottom 4 nearly a decade ago now.

I agree with others David Kelly talks plenty of sense on WM and he’s worked as an assistant for many years although would be a gamble to given someone outside the club who’s never been a manager before the gig in this type of situation.

1 Like

So do you think Pomlett should not have taken the opportunity to buy the club from Bonser, given what you feel is his lack of resources beyond having the money to do that?

What a difference 18 months makes! :joy:

6 Likes

That’s very worrying.
I’m actually concerned about DC.
Looks like turning this pile of ■■■■ into a decent team is weighing heavy and he looks like he has realised it’s all his fault

Walsall Football Club…we chew 'em up, and we spit 'em out. :grimacing:

Maybe some of us fans should start posting before and after shots…

On way to Tranmere at home 1975…

Just before Tranmere away 2020

5 Likes

Tbf he’d aged after 6 months of last season - vaguely remember making a comment about it at the time.

God we’re boring but I’d probably stick with him tbh. Can’t see a better alternative - no money will be invested and so can’t see any significant improvement.

Plod along, mid table/avoid relegation (hopefully) and chalk off another year of my life wasted.

1 Like

That pic on the right looks like he would as a character in FIFA 2006 :rofl:

The most material aspect here is that he is on a three year deal. He is barely half way through that.

He won’t be on mega money but I would think the compensation would be into six figures just now.

That is a big wedge at anytime but at this time is probably out of reach - especially if we replaced him with somebody who wanted paying in more than bolts and washers.

So I think we are stuck together for at least another twelve months.

Maybe if Nurse, Holden and Gordon all get onto the park at the same time he might catch a break.

6 Likes

Problem we have is not one player is in form, and that’s purely because not one of them understand the system or believe in it.

This is why a change is needed , he has clearly lost the changing room.

I was always a supporter of DC and wish the bloke no bad, but he is out of ideas.

1 Like

Once again PT you are spot on regarding the roles of Gamble and Mole within a business that basically has been abject failure for many yrs and in the real world of business economics they would have followed the arrows leading to the exit doors, they remind me of a comedy duo called " Hinge and Bracket " only certain saddlers will remember this ancient comedy offering.