Clarkey Out

Clarke now ranks alongside Hibbitt, Sibley and Barnwell as the worst Walsall managers in my lifetime.

1 Like

Can we use the crowdfund to get rid of this useless ■■■■?

I’d sell any player we have to get the funds to get Clarke out. Selling Gordon for 70k is totally worth it if only way Clarke can go!

2 Likes

1 win in last 11 league games. That’s the blunt truth.

Many managers sacked in last 15 years didn’t even reach those depths. Keates, Mullen, Whitney etc, all in higher division against better teams aswell of course.

Like pretty much everyone on here I believed when Darrell was appointed as he spoke well and seemed to know what needed to happen. But it’s not going to happen is it?

Think the question here is how bad does Pomlett let things get now before doing what needs to be done as 23rd is starting to loom and couldn’t beat yet another team below in standings.

Some tough games coming up in next few weeks so I think I’d try and get some new manager bounce even from interim appointment and then look again in new year.

Keep DC in charge over next 5-6 games and you’re looking at 2-3 draws so could make that up in one game with a really good performance under a fresh voice.

1 Like

I think there has to be some pressure from one of the supporters groups for Pomlett to come out and explain what’s going on, and what the aim is for this season.

We deserve an explanation.

9 Likes

I said at the beginning of this thread, give him another 3 games.

In that time, nothing has changed, no improvement, no progress, no idea.

16th in the fourth division, 1 win in 11 games.

1 Like

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2020/october/latest-update-from-chairman-leigh-pomlett/

I remember giving Clarke a standing ovation Aswell during his first meet the manager ! Well we were so very very wrong…

We must be one of the very few clubs who consistently put our faith in underachieving managers.Well simple truth is this bloke is steering proud history Walsall Football Club into Non league football.

1 Like

We know what is going on …we have a mediocre squad which is made to look much worse than it is because we have no goals in the team.If Gordon gets fit and Holden plays well we might win enough to finish where we are now. Thats the best we can hope for in my view.

3 Likes

On paper, it was a wonderful appointment, a rarity that we appointed a manager with a proven track record.

LP smashed it on paper, but it just goes to show, sometimes it does not work no matter how qualified the candidate.

I don’t think we have particularly looked good at any point this season. I am usually one of the last to start hounding the manager, but he just looks like a desperate man bereft of ideas at the moment.

I hate to say it, but Walsall FC must look a pretty unattractive proposition atm :frowning:

6 Likes

I agree Funk. Hate calling for the managers head, especially if he’s working hard to put things right. We need to pull together when things are tough.
Never warmed to Darryl, ironically for the reasons that many others did, as always thought he comes across as a billy big balls, but while he is here I’ll still support him.

Four subs in one go though? He really does need to give his head a wobble.

1 Like

Lost the plot! Will Pom fritte sack him though? I doubt it very much.
He wanted to own a football club. Show us the long suffering fans if you really have what it takes and get rid of this utter clown.

4 Likes

Let’s face facts, in the current finically climate around football is anyone sacking? More to the point anyone In the lower leagues? Ever more to the point us! Were at the PL with a begging bowl, We’re making folk redundant who earn minimum wage, and we want to pay off another manager? Yeah he’s gash but he’s going nowhere

3 Likes

Agree, it’s not about LP being brave or otherwise, it’s more about the fragile state of our balance sheets.

It’s sad, but another contract to pay off on top of a new managers salary, could have dire consequences on whether we have a club to support at all.

1 Like

So we keep him and get relegated?

1 Like

Cant see us going down, although I do have a tendency to be overly optimistic where Walsall FC is concerned.

1 Like

What a dire choice man, how the hell have we ended up here (coughs, Bonser)

These were poor just like us they were 3rd from bottom before tonight’s game so if that was a match in the final few games of the season and we were a place or 2 above them a point or goal difference above them at that time and drew like we did tonight we’d be in real trouble and this at the moment is a distinct possibility apart from a half or 2 recently that have been better than dross we have been really really poor so I’m worried simple as

1 Like

Clarke’s had enough time to build a team ,time to let them gel , more than most clubs would allow ,I agree his time is up, the only trouble is if pomlett was to sack him and is hoping for financial help , would this go against him getting help by showing that if the club can afford to sack him why should the club get financial help