Clarkey Out

I thought the training pitch was underwater?

For me, we should pick a system and play it - rotating players in and out if necessary to keep them fresh.

He knew all that when he joined us, no money, small fan base etc is not a secret.

Finances excuses don’t really wash in League 2. Especially when Newport, Cambridge and Cheltenham are top 3

1 Like

Never liked him from the day he took over giving it big about what he achieved at the Gas he’s destroying our club hes took us back years he needs to go NOw

3 Likes

I still think that we missed a trick in 2015 not appointing Jose Dominguez.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest this squad nowhere near good enough. Clarke tactics playing Holden on the right are totally baffling. McDonald totally out of form but plays week in and week out. The strikers get hopeless long balls from the full backs. He plays bates and kinsella in the middle when it simply doesn’t work and bates looks totally out his depth in league2. We set up not to lose instead of trying to win. This squad a mid table squad at best. How anyone can defend these simple mistakes is beyond me. Play a system which suits our players and play our players in there strongest positions, how hard can it be? Basic stuff. Clarke out for me but we need wingers , centre mids and maybe even another striker! Way short of anything happening this season

3 Likes

I watched the hartlepool podcast in the summer and he came across as a genuinely nice guy and I really wanted him to succeed but sadlyhe’s not.
The thing I find most infuriating is that he doesn’t seem to build on what seems to work. Eg. in the 2nd half at Mansfield, Osadebe was on the left and Wes was on the right and we became more dangerous. We’re a 4th division team, nothing is going to work all the time but he seems to abandon things which look promising for no reason.
That said I don’t think he is going anywhere.

Fickle Football Fan Caveat… Perhaps things will improve… A win at Cheltenham and we will be all feeling more optimistic… Not betting on it at the moment though.

1 Like

Agreed, he is going absolutely nowhere.

Bristol Rovers? Perhaps they’d like him back. They’ve just sacked Garner. At least we gave him a stay of execution as one of only three teams they have beaten this season.

1 Like

Ahem!

1 Like

One of the most frustrating things about his time in charge is not playing Holden more central and more advanced to link up play with our strikers.
He even said so himself he is not a right sided player . We can all see this DC so ■■■■■■■ change it for gods sake you stubborn prat.

3 Likes

I don’t think he will be sacked, now at least, nor he resigns. But after next two league games everything will be possible. This season is not over yet, but of course no one knows what will be said behind closed doors. And of course return to Bristol Rovers can be more tempting. If of course they would want it to happen.
But why after next two league games? Probably no one wants to start against two better teams. So, if anyone will be sitting on the stands, that could suggest change is imminent. And of course two wins and there won’t be any sacking.

Come on Darrell, apply for the Brizzle job, we know the fans won’t want him but perhaps their Board may consider having him back…
Pleeeease…

1 Like

I think we may be in for a couple of right 'ammerin’s, not wishing that for my club of course, but such results may secure a rapid departure of the useless lump.

Covid really is saving Clarke, any guesses of what the attendance would have been today should we have still been attending.

Personally I reckon we would averaging around 3.5k, people won’t pay to watch this rubbish.

If Graham Alexander is still out of work…I think we could do a lot worse, and in fact are doing!!

3 Likes

Anybody got any stats re his win percentage?

Well if that performance was the result of a couple of years of him on the training pitch then we are ■■■■■■

1 Like

Not very realistic calling for Clarke to go,I can see why people would but I think he will still be here at the end of the season. He has been really lucky that there haven’t been any fans to get on his and Pomlett’s backs. The players have been a disgrace too,no matter what team or formation Clarke choose’s, the least you can expect is that the players can control the ball,pass to a team mate and organise themselves defensively at corners without having to be talked through it by the coaches.

4 Likes

32.3%, not terrible, but significantly lower than his other jobs, 53.5 at Salisbury City and 42.3 at Brizzle Rovers.