Club Statement - Apology to supporters

Good job they’ve had 700 odd then.

Yet he directed complaints to the SLO as if it was nothing to do with him.

Clearly not, or they would.

Would they? They’ve had, quite literally, years to fix some of this shit.

It’s not impossible for a functioning club to get that right from the get go.

Again clearly it is.

But it’s not. Clubs all over the country manage it on a weekly basis so clearly it isn’t.

Not a great statement, but definitely RamRed’s best take on the matter thus far.

12 Likes

Running out of food, condiments and booze has zip all to do with COVID or match staffing.
It’s poor planning and even worse management, mr moley appears to b way out of his depth. After all he only had 18 months to plan for this game.

3 Likes

Yep. That wasn’t the first football match they’ve ever put on.

And to add, one of the key management / senior team (LP/SG or DM) should have much greater attention to detail.
Do they not check anything ? The club are paying suppliers for product, staff, big corps like Ticketmaster - where is the due diligence ?

1 Like

The thing that amazes me is that it has taken a nuclear meltdown on social media for them to realise that there were problems on Saturday afternoon and in the midst of it had the gall asking for direct emails to be sent to their SLO butler who would pass them on

If they were at all bothered about the paying customers, especially with it being day one of what was supposedly for the Club a new beginning, why on earth was there no executive presence visible to observe smooth running and watch this fiasco unfold in real time and would be in a stronger position to nip a lot of the problems in the bud directly and immediately and action stuff yesterday and from 08:00 this morning knowing a repeat of the same was imminent with the next home match tomorrow

My thoughts are its a class thing in that they feel above all of of that and is beneath them and would prefer to hideaway in their glorified ivory towers hobnobbing rather than amongst the hoi polloi and riff-raff, who are their paying customers

1 Like

Bah humbug!
The toilets? The tannoy? Health and Safety issues?
No apology to the members of staff who were put in a difficult situation through no fault of their own.

5 Likes

I agree born, there is a real ego attached to this lot.
Maybe the reason they have such a lack of staff and stewards in because of how they treat them, along with the fans.
Mole should have been down the retail park buying bottles of ketchup and cans of lager to help the bars

2 Likes

The tannoy announcer sounded like he was in a coal shed, underwater, with a gas mask on!

4 Likes

It would help if he spoke English from the little I can make out.

There was no assurance either in the statement, that tomorrow everything as been replenished.

Just as i suspected and said on here Saturday.

Some of you amaze me, there’s no pleasing people.
The club have acknowledged (owned) their mistakes, made a public apology and are doing their best to correct the issues addressed by the fans. But no, that was unacceptable to some of you. What do you want, the club to kiss your arse?
I don’t know what more the club can do, if they didn’t care about the fans they would never have made the statement in the first place.
Yes, they royally messed up, but they’ve listened, owned it and plans are in place to rectify the issues raised. Should it have happened, definitely not and people have every right to be upset.
Give the club some credit for quickly putting out a statement acknowledging the fans concerns.

1 Like

The question you should be asking is Why all these things are happening and keep happening it’s not a new thing .

4 Likes

This is something I was asking a few weeks ago after it turned out the deep clean wasn’t as deep as it was supposed to be.

You had Mole on one of the club videos proudly proclaiming they’d had the stadium deep cleaned ready for fans return and even going as far to say they’d given the company responsible a contract to keep coming back and cleaning regularly. Did they not check their handiwork before awarding them a contract FFS? :man_facepalming:

And given that description for Mole above where it mentions he has a role with the FA and his boxing promotion gigs is it any wonder his eyes not on the ball with his full time job. :roll_eyes:

1 Like