Club Statement: Manny Monthé

Or acting Black

My issues isn’t that it’s not allowed now to say such things and we are now all sensitive, my issue is that such terms were acceptable in the past.
This gives people belief that slurs are acceptable as they ‘were back in my day’ and that therefore people are simply snowflakes. Totally forgetting that it’s only more recently gay , bisexual , female , ethnic minorities or even ‘ geeks’ etc are more willing to be themselves and not hide due to fear of ridicule.
Any language which can offend someone else due wether that makes them ‘sensitive’ or not should be banned and doesn’t have any place in society.

2 Likes

Don’t know @el_nombre for the life of me my minds gone blank.

Yes because some people say it and mean it.

Playing football? Wow maybe Manny was confused if that’s what you think constitutes, in your words, “acting gay” :man_shrugging:

I see some folk are turning this into an issue about people being offended. It is not that, it is about abusing someone due to (in this case) their sexuality but it would apply to other issues such as race. We don’t know the Monthe case but consider John Terry and Anton Ferdinand. There was no doubt that Terry was abusing Ferdinand anyway but he used his colour as an insult.

So would people use the N word as part of an insult? Or the equivalents for gay men? The language used has an effect on attitudes.

It is a good idea not to be offended by much in life but that does not mean that language that betrays a certain view should be tolerated.

3 Likes

Yeah?

Your search engine history is probably quite illuminating

1 Like

Yes unfortunately that’s fact.

Exactly, so I’m still struggling with your point? That’s the problem, that’s why issues like this have to have zero tolerance and anybody that does hold those views should be given every chance to learn.

Suppose walsall fans should be charged with the song they made about the FGR player eating our grass. Because that’s the way the world is going.
Do we assume all vegans eat grass?

Almost like Vegans aren’t literally attacked in the street for something that is beyond their personal choice.

Still wondering what “acting gay” entails, wonder why you won’t answer that one.

1 Like

He can mean many things.

Who? What somebody else means wasn’t what I asked you. I asked what YOU mean by “acting gay” and got a picture of people playing football instead.

Here you go. * Blushing when around attractive members of the same sex

Haha yeah, because every member of the LGBTQ society finds every single member of the same sex attractive and lives in a bad 1980s sit com.

1 Like

Sorry about that . If ever we get the point where there is a right to take action against people who offend you then free speech is finished. I worry that current trends look like leading us in that direction. I believe in free speech as long as the language used is not racist or in this case homophobic. Boards like this thrive on robust debate whether it is about a number 10 or the popularity of BJ. Long may it continue.

1 Like

That’s just queer

What?

LGBTQ, It’s just queer some might say.