Colchester United (A) 7th Sept, 3pm

I missed @Welsh_Saddler’s score updates.

1 Like

Surely Kairo Edwards-John was better than the attacking players we’ve brought in! Why didn’t we give him a chance?

1 Like

Money?

Money? Where is he now? The last we heard was that he was playing for Nuneaton FFS! What did we offer him?

The mystery man kairo who has disappeared from football, would love to know what happened with him

I’m as bored as Darrell and looking at some stats, we took 266 today

Roberts. Regained confidence
Clarke. Decent
Jules. Man of the match
Liddle. Rubbish.
Pring. Not good enough
Norman. Why set peices
Guthrie. Anonymous
Holden. Anonymous Central mid ?
Kinsella. Average
Lavery. Awful. Ball bounces off him. Can’t head, pick a pass. finish.
Gaffney. Same as Lavery

Subs

Adebayo. Best of a bad bunch

Sorry @hkpete - I was down in Portsmouth all afternoon with the Southern Counties cochlear implant group … normal service should be resumed next week!! :slight_smile:

Jules? Really, i dont rate him at all, Let them get in box before thinking about tackling, Hoffs the ball at every chance. Looks very nervious on the ball

Not to bad then :joy::grinning:

I thought Jules looked decent defensively, but distribution poor. Robbo had another good game… nobody else really stood out. Just dont see where the goals are coming from with this side, Lavery looks like he can finish but he needs service he isnt going to make goals himself and isnt going to do much with long balls hoofed up to him. Hardy is the one player so far who looks to have the capacity to be really creative

1 Like

Robo is a great shot stopper cant even deny that, just his kicking and his quick distriburtion is terrible but he adores the club and always gives his all

You would think kicking and distribution could be coached

1 Like

At this level you wont find many keepers. Agree his distribution is poor (but he is obviously trying to work on it) but been the difference in most of the games we have picked up pts this season tbh. Make 4 or 5 decent saves today.

Fully fully agree, Hes kept us in a few games even with poor kicking! but i can see it improving and i can see him thinking about the early play out but his nervs kick in and hes get scared he will mess up! Hes one of us and will always give 100% thats all we ask!

1 Like

I thought Colchester were worse than us and that’s saying something.

I thought Holden going to LWB didn’t help things as him playing in CM for the first 40 minutes was probably Clarke testing a creative midfielder in a three in midfield. Then going back to Liddle, Kinsella and Sinclair in midfield meant we were just hoping we’d nick a 1-0.

Thought Gaffney was alright, held the ball up quite well, I think him and Lavery will come good.

1 Like

They didnt look the best i agree, that number 7 dived more times than a olympic swimmer! Bad day at office, lets hope and pray AGAIN,

2 Likes

Are u on drugs. Gaffney and Lavery

Love the positivity as always Gensanx. Keep it up :clap:

2 Likes

He is right tho, Anything of a chance today came from gaffney chasing it or holding it up! i mean at 1 point he was on the wing with no in the box too use on the counter?

1 Like