Colchester United (A) - Sat 17th Apr, 3pm

I cant believe all the other midfielders are getting away scot free here.

They’re not. They’re crap.

Sinclair is a bearded Kinsella.

1 Like

Football has moved on from that. Sorry.

1 Like

I went to pick my daughter up from New street station mate she’d been to Rhyl to visit her Auntie the train arrived at half 5 so didn’t pay to watch it,looks like I had a lucky escape :rofl: all I could hear on WM was Colchester in possession.

1 Like

The whole team, most assists from a single player is 4 not really putting kinsella to shame really is it.

Do you think Perry and Kinsella is a midfield pairing that would win promotion?

Absolutely not.

I’d play Perry over Kinsella every day of the week now, and he’s only going to get better the more he plays.

We can then not play Kins next to him as it simply will not work - and it hasn’t worked for 4 whole seasons.

What is the argument here? Are we all happy to have a crap league two side? I want better in there, and I want the midfield to help the team - not for the sake of playing someone who runs around a bit and lays it off to the fullback. Football has moved on, and we haven’t.

1 Like

Football has “moved on” but your advocating playing 2 midfielders? :wink:

The point is we havent been ■■■■ for years because of Kinsella.

We wont get out of this league until someone puts their hand in their pocket for some forwards anyway. All this "solid defence " lark is outdated.

Score goals.

2 Likes

We had Adam Chambers then playing that role, as well as Sam Mamton who were the mainstays of the midfield back then. Plus the fact Kinsella was only 19/20 ,years old back then.

And that is the Kinsella dilemma. He is both the solution and the problem.

He is our very own quantum superposition.

4 Likes

Exactly.

You can’t play both, and my faith is much more so in Perry. We simply cannot play them both together, as we will just struggle.

I don’t see what’s controversial about that, with the other comments made by others tonight in relation to my points this evening.

1 Like

Your pinning promotion on the fact we get rid of potentially our player of the season that makes sense

Perfect sense.

Shows how crap we are.

We have 3 absolutely shocking strikers, 2 wingers who are awful!! (Sorry but Wright ain’t all people think he is, and yes i know he is only 19), and two very average fullbacks. Two average goalkeepers; a young kindergarten midfield, and a Jekyll and Hyde Centre half pairing, yet some.pick.on Kinsella as the problem. Jusy get a life and get real

7 Likes

You had a few beers?

You have completely missed the point.

1 Like

No, just half a bottle of Glenlivet. I just get ■■■■■■ of when people pick on Kinsella as the problem. He puts his guts on the field every game. No he might not be the best in the world but if the 10 others players did the same every game we would be in the mess we are currently in.

2 Likes

You could have put a coach on for us all ,it was far better than watching this ■■■■ poor performance,I thought this was a turning corner but after that back to square one ,I really don’t know where to start with this lot for next season,I would keep half the squad but the rest can go cleaning windows after that

2 Likes

Because hes cheap.

Me neither.

Liam Kinsella in his quantum superposition is the answer to lots of equations.

Why don’t we lose many games?
Why don’t we win many games?
Why haven’t we gone down?
Why haven’t we got close to going up?

Obviously there are ten other players on the pitch so not everything hangs off your central midfielder. But it is a crucial position in any team. The place where it either hangs together or falls apart.

Defensively he helps the knitting together. Offensively nowt. And by offensively, he doesn’t need to be scoring double figures but he should at least be the root of goals and chances. The full stop in the opposition’s attack and the first word in ours. The first few seconds after a breakdown in possession is now a huge part of the game. Lines are compromised, wrong sides all over and the opposition defensive shape a complete mess. It is only single digit seconds before that shape is re-set and playing through them becomes really hard. It’s a tough gig. At fourth division level, Liam is adequate because he does half the job really well. Which means if our new ambition is to remain a football league club, then he’s good enough. If the ambition is greater then probably not. At least not in that position.

And whilst I wouldn’t make him player of the season, preferring Holden’s obvious impact, he would be top three because “adequate” and doing half the job really well puts him head and shoulders above many of his colleagues. Which is a measure of where we now find ourselves.

3 Likes

Two wins in a week would make anyone think it’s a turning point mate but looks like we are totally dependent on Rory Holden.I’d keep Rose Clarke Melbourne Kinsella Holden I’d try and get Tyreik back on a season long loan and Obviously Perry and Osadebe have signed so they are already a part of it but I’m struggling to think of any others.

I’d try and sell Wes and I’d let Gordon and Lavery go I did say I’d keep Lavs out the two if I had too but ideally I’d get shot of both.Sinclair can go not sure about Bates and Derick can go back now for me he’s a terrible footballer Karl Robinson must be laughing his testicles off.

4 Likes

You see I’ve always seen him more as box to box. Not quite sure where this DM thing with him has come from. I mean start of last season Sinclair was doing that and Kinsella was more advanced as happened today…

The other week you had the odd poster saying he was as effective in DM role as Chambers which was complete hilarious.

The long term question is this…is Kinsella the right sort of player in midfield for Sam Perry to kick on, y’know push on forward and score goals and link up with whatever forwards are playing with full confidence knowing Kinsella will be behind him sweeping up.

When likes of Mantom and Flo came in as young inexperienced players they were given that licence with Chambers behind them (and George Evans in 15/16) as he was masterful in that role.

And ideally you get a third midfielder in who can actually score some goals although of course Holden is in number 10 role already but it all falls apart when he’s not around.

1 Like