Colchester United (A) - Sat 17th Apr, 3pm

Even if Rory Holden doesn’t play, we are still allowed to attack. We have won games before Duttons spell without Holden.

It’s an absolute no brainier. We literally have nothing to lose. There’s been enough boring as ■■■■ football for one year.

Agreed. BD has done the dirty work and kept us up after his poor start; now we play to entertain.

We need to get away from this mentality of trying not to get beat now anyway. We’ve had enough draws, they don’t do you a lot of good. You take a point if you can’t get the win. We are in Division 4, there are no teams to really be afraid of, certainly not Colchester.

6 Likes

I’d like to see Jayden Campbell on the bench instead of the likes of Yawn between now and the end of the season.

11 Likes

I’m hoping a smattering of relaxation loosens is a bit to play some football and score some goals.

I fear it may just make us slack.

4 Likes

Find it incredible to think that Colchester were in a play off place for quite a while, then suddenly everything went into Walsall mode.
Can you imagine how miffed their fans are?
Hoping for a win, 2-0 would be superb, with another great goal from Osadebe?

1 win in 25 I can’t imagine they can see winning against anybody

2 Likes

You are right Send yawn back down the M40 and let one of our youngsters have a go

2 Likes

5-1 Saddlers, lump on

No chance. Colchester will be desperate to protect their goal difference advantage over Southend

1 Like

Bet Victor offering 175/1 on us at 5-1 proper lump on. I’ve got this one sorted. Seriously lump on.

(nb: this bet is entirely at your own risk & no guarantee is provided. Terms & conditions apply. Gamble responsibly.)

Indeed, but our mob will want to impress Jamie & El Nombre & this is the game to do it in.

2 Likes

Our away record this season is remarkable.

w3 d 13 l 4!!!

Nobody in our league has lost less away games than us.
3 of our 4 away defeats were against the current top 3.
In the entire EFL only Sunderland and Lincoln have lost less away games than us.

All the seasons our fans have travelled all over the place to witness defeat after defeat, and the one when you can’t go we hardly lose a game!

7 Likes

Colchester is a bit too far away to have any real feelings about them (same for Sarfend) but in my mind they’re a fellow league one stalwart or were at least up to last few years.

Actually been in this league since 2016 so that’s the big warning if you stay down here for too long, another who could be back in non league for first time since early 90s.

Surprised they’re in this mess as looking at their team and they’ve got some decent players so guessing they’ve just messed up with the managers.

I’ve always thought Callum Harriott as a decent wide player so he’s someone I’d have as a target although his CV suggests he’s a bit allergic to move north of Didcot!

Will go for an entertaining 2-2. They will surely push forward to get a win so hopefully Dutton sticks with two wingers as they’ll be a bit of space to play with.

1 Like

Not many entertaining memories v them over the years for me.
The 2-0 under Graydon at Layer Road was good, and the 4-4 under Smith, after that I’m struggling.
At home hardly anything.
Even the 4-2 in 77 was a bit of a mistake riddled micky-mouse game.

Rarely a significant game between us that would engender a big away following on either side, even the 5-0 loss under Merscum didn’t have the significant joy of seeing him sacked…we had to wait another few weeks for another 5-0 at Brentford!

1 Like

I remember the 5-0 at Colchester, Merson was apologizing to the fans as he took corners :rofl:

1 Like

That 5-0 was made worse by the fact that Colchester had scored in weeks

Match Preview done - if anyone can be arsed to read it.

2 Likes

And it’s excellent Rob. Thank you.

I’m lumping on 4-2 and 5-1 btw, which means we’ll win 4-1. :man_facepalming:t2:

Although to be honest our 3rd win in a row is all I want. How good does that sound. UTS.

4 Likes