Colchester United (A) - Sat 17th Apr, 3pm

I go for a 3-1 win to the saddlers with Josh Gordon getting a couple and Wright the other.

Mark Rees, Roy McDonough, Mark Kinsella, Derek Trevis, Joe Edwards, Tom Williams, Lee Beevers, Jabo Ibhere, Karl Hawley, Ron Green, Fred Barber, Sam Williams, Aramide Oteh, Richard McKinney, Andy Petterson, Bobby Gough, Dave Barnett, Carl Emberson, Dave Simmons, Troy Hewitt, Ryan Jarvis, Billy Clifford and Rene Gilmartin have also played for both clubs.

3 Likes

We took a half decent following in Graydonā€™s first season with us to Layer Road, maybe 700 I reckon. Was on the run-in. We lost 1-0 somehow, Emberson was in goal for them and played a blinder as we bombarded his goal second half.

Layer Road wasnā€™t a bad away day really but the new ground is a horrible soulless place, if I had to choose between them or Southend going, Iā€™d much prefer the chance to go to Southend next season if possible.

1 Like

Can remember Andy Taylor belting in a 96th minute free kick in one of the Smith seasons down there. Generally a decent record at the new ground down the years.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, the men in white coats will be along shortly with your pills, youā€™ll feel far more back to normal! :wink:

1 Like

Would be nice for Dutton to get an away win to top his week off.

I expect much of the same, tight first half, opening up second half.

I fancy a 2-1 win.

100% - didnā€™t Crewe play a full Academy (originated) side against us at the end of a season (and beat us!)? Weā€™ve got to have an eye on showing more players a route to the first XI, and thereā€™s a right footed winger with pace taking on players and banging them in at Academy level - for me, Wes hasnā€™t done that for months now.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve voted for a draw but seen as Iā€™ve had the honour of my name being included into a match preview which is in itself as prestigious award for myself Iā€™m having my usual Ā£5 on a 4-2 victory as mentioned by @RobHarv3y and @WiltshireSaddler lump on as this is the game and as per usual I shall donate my usual Ā£100 to acorns if it comes in I mean it has to at some point right?

Think I was first with the 4-2 predictions, just saying.

Lump on.

1 Like

A game we should win and a really good opportunity for Dutton to bring some of the kids in. Leak and Perry are examples of who have tasted first team experience, the way Perry has played he will be hard to dislodge.
While we have the luxury of knowing weā€™ve safe we might as well utilize some of the up and coming youngsters and let them gain some playing time with the big boys and showcase their talents, absolutely nothing to lose.
Saddlers win.

1 Like

I am quite looking forward to watching this for a change, hope I am not to be disappointed

Im going for a WWW 1-2 score, Oss & Kins

BD to streak round the pitch in celebration at full time, for us to discover him to be hung like a horse

Lump On

I think weā€™ll relax too much and lose this 2-0.

You most certainly were mate my apologies and Iā€™m on it for tomorrow :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hoping for a win, but really, nothing will surprise me. Even playing with five strikers or two goalies at the same time. This season ends and there is not much difference between finishing eight or twenty-second. Plans for the future are important.

Three wins on the bounce & the pubs open sounds great though doesnā€™t it. UTS!

When was the last time we won 3 in a week?

Slow down a bit, itā€™s not been long since I couldnā€™t remember the last time we had won!

2 Likes

:rofl: I was going to put in brackets (thatā€™s if we do) regardless of the result tomorrow it looks like the last 2 results have secured our safety mate thatā€™ll do me just fine for now.

Colchester fan I know has been worried for months about them going down. Says for them, problems have been loan signings who havenā€™t played first team and who are no good (whereā€™ve I heard that before?). That has been club strategy for 15 years taking them from Championship to non-league football. Says it is a betrayal of everything Red Card Roy and Mark Kinsella worked for.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ve predicted that we would lose in the last 2 games so I will keep my losing streak going, Colchester home win.