Colchester United (A) - Sat 17th Apr, 3pm

Xmas. Bolton, Tranmere, Vale.

Edit: Oldham away was midweek so inbetween two of those.

1 Like

None pedantic mode.

That’s not 3 wins in a week.

I would say 3 wins in a week is very rare (if ever ),because teams don’t play 3 in a week, despite what managers tell us.

It’s 4 wins anyway because we beat Xmas that week too.

1 Like

This sort of week?

2 Likes

We’ll win this!!! Leigh might even do a little dance on the pitch.

Peter crouch robot dance or the truffle shuffle?

He Best wear a tie, regardless.

Been to Colchester more times than I care to remember. First time was a 3-1 defeat with Roy Mcdonagh getting in a spat with our fans - of course.

Last time was the 4-4. 2-0 up at half time and then forgot how to defend. One of many “if onlys” that season.

I think we will lose today. I hope a slightly less tense atmosphere around the place leads to better attacking football. I fear we’ve had to be absolutely on it to garner the points we have in recent weeks and a 5% drop in intensity will make us second best. Be interesting to see.

1 Like

Steady I’ve only just got used to a chairman that does YouTube videos.

From the midday kick-offs, Grimsby take an early lead against Bolton.

Pedantic mode

We will play 3 games in a week with the next 3. Next Saturday’s game at Scunthorpe should end within 168 hours of today’s starting and we have Salford in between …

1 Like

If half-time results stay the same at full-time, Morecambe would be a point off the automatic places with four to play.

Hard to see past Derek Adams as the divison’s Manager of the Season- in context- on that basis alone.

1 Like

Morecambe 4 v Oldham 2 currently/just saying

Grimsby now beating Bolton 2-0

Elijah off injured after winning a penalty for Luton (which was converted)

4-3 :woman_facepalming:

Love to see Bolton mess it up, can’t stand them. Come on Morecambe!

I’ll not be entirely happy until we are ‘mathematically’ safe.
In view of today’s results, I fear Colchester will be more ‘up for it’ than us, we ‘think’ we are safe, they are fighting for their EFL existence.
Great win by Grimsby (but I think it’s all a bit too late), and a decent point by Southend.
I had suggested that we would win this, but like P.T. I now have concerns that their desire for survival will be too strong for us, with many of our squad already ‘on the beach’, speaking to their agents re their next move.

Up for it more or more nervous? Could go both ways. I don’t think we’ll be on the beach by any measure, we’ll be more relaxed for sure but this is now a chance for the lads to enjoy their football. I think they will, and win.

It’s not a must win for Colchester, it is a mustn’t lose however…

Let’s close the gap to Port Fail to 2 pts would love to finish above them.

2 Likes

Got to get above the fail👍

3 Likes

Agree

No win in the last six for them v no loss in 6 for us and coming off two successive wins.

I imagine the players will want to show the new fella what they can do as well.

UTS