Colin Lee 'Worst Manager Ever'

Hmm questionable on that. Paul Merson writes in his book about a “Tuesday Club” at Arsenal way back in the early 90s. I servery doubt he was “led astray” (as Lawrence claims he was accused of doing).

It seems implausible that Lawrence would get the blame for the actions of three senior pros like them, particularly with Merson’s history. What I’m saying is that by focusing on that, he evades the question of what he was doing being part of that group anyway(if ,indeed, it ever existed.)

I agree, doing that is unacceptable ring leader or not.

Reading the whole interview I find it very hard to believe he’s lying about taking the flack for it though. This is an interview were he talks about two crimes he committed, and a third he contemplated and alcohol problems.

I doubt he’s too concerned about self preservation considering the rest of this interview. If he’s happy for people to know about those things I’m not sure he’d just randomly lie about that for no reason. (and I’d suggest it did exist. A why randomly lie about something like that and B it’s been mentioned by Merse himself. In fact didn’t it basically leave Wrack potless with a gambling addiction?)

Ever thought about starting a Jamie Lawrence fan club?

Oh bore off. It’s a discussion on the article in question. Sorry that I don’t just automatically have your take on it.

He was a ■■■■ player, but that doesn’t mean what he says here doesn’t have merit.

Like I said calm down son… it’s a joke

1 Like

Good one.

1 Like

Another thread turns into ‘Who can get a rise from el_nombre’. Great.

2 Likes

I’m really not sure what the issue is. I’ve just given my view. It’s the easiest thing in the world to tell somebody to “calm down” on a message board to undermine their point with zero context :man_shrugging:

This thread has become more boring than a post-match interview with Colin Lee … and that is saying something!

3 Likes

You do need to calm down though,the continuous swearing in your posts makes you look insane.

I feel sorry for your keyboard…

Have a nice day

On the point of the “Tuesday club” Roy
McDonough would have been the patron saint of it, and Monday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday and twice on a Sunday :joy:

1 Like

Have you read his book ‘Red Card Roy’ , if not, or for anyone that hasnt I can highly recommend it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes mate, one of the best reads I have ever had well worth it :+1:

Agree with that.

Was flicking through a book on Stephan Constadine the other day. Doubt anyone’s heard of him but he’s been manager of India, Nepal, Sudan to name a few. His only spell in English football was 2005/06 as assistant manager of Millwall…under Colin Lee.

Said Lee was pretty poor with communicating with players, left him to do the coaching sessions and started sending Constadine to scout opponents on match day for some reason halfway through his time there.

Anyway guy did a pretty good job at Walsall considering he was following the Messiah and all the overachievement that came in that period. We’ve seen the mess made of following Dean Smith it’s not easy to come in after a manager’s massively overachieved.

IIRC Colin Lee did o.k at Wolves aswell.

Didn’t Jamie Lawrence get sent down and become first football player to wear a tag while playing. Can’t remember if that was before or after he joined Walsall.

3 Likes

Firstly can’t believe you said that name …:man_facepalming:

Didn’t he use Roberto Martinez the same way and sit him in the stand to observe how the opposition lined up against us .

Troy Deeney also played with a tag for Watford

I certainly approved of his time at the dingles…cos they weren’t much good.

I suppose his poor people skills led him down the rabbit hole of that Plymouth job and his undoing.