Conor Wilkinson Signed

Interesting. Given he was 6ft 3 assumed you just played him central. Will be interesting having him and Osadebe wide for some games, will certainly be one of the tallest and physical front 3s in league two if a 6ft + CF is also signed.

2 Likes

With this and the 5 hour lost in conversation date he had with Pomlett, im starting to genuinely wonder what this hold Matt Taylor has over anyone he had a conversation with is! What are these incredible football secrets he is bestowing upon his company in conversation?

2 Likes

Apparently he knows Fullerton from Bolton

1 Like

Refreshing to see that heā€™s on a 2-year deal as well, no clandestine BS about the length of it, just a straightforward club statement.

10 Likes

Port vale arenā€™t disclosing all their contacts btw

1 Like

Sounds decent tbf.

Pleased.

Kind words about Matt Taylor and seems a decent bloke looking forward to seeing what he can do now.

6ft 3 ? we might score from a few corners next season then if we can get someone decent to take em :grin:

Heā€™s eloquent. We are just not used to it of late.

2 Likes

Although I donā€™t agree with him grabbing Scarr round the throat (back then at least!) itā€™ll be nice to have a bit more aggression in the squad, providing that itā€™s controlled. The last few seasons the players have just been too nice and have sunk when teams have got in their faces

5 Likes

FFS there is no pleasing some, a big striker and someone who can take corners. Dream on :grin:

3 Likes

Great start to the recruitment drive from what Iā€™ve read looks like a very good addition.

Only negatives Iā€™ve read.

1. Not much of a team player.
  2. Awful in the air considering his height.

But Iā€™m sure with abit of coaching from Taylor and Co.
We will have a gem of a player.

Great signing for us.
If the rest are on this level I will be avery happy clapper.

1 Like

From watching and reading about him, if you are expecting a big unit to win headers and flick ons and also be a danger from set pieces - then you are mistaken. Better with the ball at his feet running at people and being able to take people on, cutting in from the right onto his left foot. More of a big forward that drifts wide than a strapping Andy Rammel esque number 9.

5 Likes

One thing I will say is that we actually signed a player other people wanted to keep and other fans actually really rate. Massive difference between him and signing the Gordon, lavery, gaffneys of the world.
Huge step up on paper which proves weā€™re willing to spend a bit more or Taylor /Fullerton have some serious pulling power

3 Likes

Yeah looks like I was mistaken as most would assume heā€™d be a central CF with that sort of profile.

However if he can hit double figures playing wide in front 3 like he seemingly did for Orient then that will be really good news especially if the new CF can hit 10-15 aswell.

I was thinking that Taylor has said to Fullerton and Leigh letā€™s spend the majority of the budget on the type of player weā€™ve seen sign today and Iā€™ll sort some loan kids out from Spurs as backup/rotational players free of charge because of the relationship he has with Spurs.

3 Likes

A really positive first signing. As others have said itā€™s great to sign someone who was in demand. It really does sound like players want to play for Matt Taylor. Could be a masterstroke appointment.

2 Likes

Looks to be an improvement on what we had last season, so, a good start.

Unless we come across Dan Scarr who will neatly head them into the north sea.

1 Like