Conor Wilkinson Signed

Haven’t Orient just lost Danny Johnson too?

Yeah and James brophy today who I rate highly.

They’ve lost a few of their first team that’s for sure.

2 Likes

A good start in the club’s recruitment drive. We needed a good sized striker who can mix it up a bit, I’m sure the coaching staff will work on his weaknesses, someone that tall should be putting away some headers.
I don’t be negative about our first signing, I was wondering if anyone picked up on this during his interview, he didn’t sound or looked very excited to be here. Someone mentioned a possible attitude problem, let’s hope MT nips that in the bud very quickly.

Looks like he can score all sorts of goals. Excellent.

Views from two Orient fans:

"Strange player Wilko.
At times unplayable, can beat 3 men from nowhere and lash it in the top corner, also loves a cheeky lob, isn’t bad in the air and sprays the ball around nicely too. Surprisingly physical for his frame and he has great feet.
That said, I have never, ever seen a more one footed player, it’s like he doesn’t have a right foot, and as a result gets sussed out easily.
Very hot and cold too, if you get him firing then he’s a very solid forward at this level, but he can get sulky and not be bothered as well.
Comes across as a smug ■■■■■ too, but hope he does well for you.
Surprised he’s gone to Walsall as, no offence, I think we’re better placed for next season than you are, but time will tell."

And:

"A bit disappointed we couldn’t keep him, after various away games he was regularly seen getting trains to the North West part of the country so IMO this could be part of the reason he’s moved.

Good player, can score some cracking goals. We played him as a wide right forward, good dribbler for a player of his size.

Is very one footed though (left) and can miss chances - like most players down here.

Had a very good season last season, but the season before that he only scored 5 goals and his fitness was a bit of an issue.

Keep him fit and play to his strengths and I see no reason why he won’t do well for you. Personally, I’d have liked him to stay with us."

Sounds really promising to me, with the obvious question marks that being a league 2 forward brings. A very balanced and honest view of things from the Walsall of London fans too.

9 Likes

Pleased with that.

Excellent happy with him.

1 Like

​​It looks very good. From some videos on YT maybe not the main striker, but secondary one? Yep. It looks like he can just play football, not only heading it. And probably can be a real nuisance for defenders. I’m very happy, even when he would be the only main striker, it looks like some strategy in signing players. Something what was badly needed.​

4 Likes

We arent used to this signing a player thats wanted lol.

2 Likes

Only by the fuzz :joy:

5 Likes

Happy with the signing. A player that knows what it’s all about at this level. Solid signing.

3 Likes

Welcome to Walsall Conor. Nice comments about the ma management team which I am pleased about.

3 Likes

Lavery and/or Gordon would have benefited from playing alongside a player like Wilkinson.

4 Likes

Steady on Donny , don’t get too carried away … :joy:

Seriously , pleased with our first signing .

Shows a bit of intent signing a player that is wanted elsewhere .

5 Likes

Jimmy Bullard denied by OUTSTANDING save! 👐| You Know The Drill | Leyton Orient - YouTube I can see why he doesn’t use his right foot :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s a striker not a magician

5 Likes

How about the first one though … :+1:

3 Likes

I stand corrected

1 Like

Completely ignoring the ‘top bins’ with his right peg

1 Like

In fairness that Alabi made Gordon look like Messi! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes