Conor Wilkinson Signed

Not sure about that jj , I thought Alabi was on par with Gordan … :joy:

1 Like

Anyway guys we digress , can’t wait to hear about the next player coming in is a 6 ’ 5 ‘’ striker built like a brick shithouse to play along side Conor …

2 Likes

An Andy Rammell clone :grin:

1 Like

Oh how I loved … RAMBO, RAMBO!!!

2 Likes

Rambo was ace, as was super Don!
Hard to choose between them - Rambo shades it for me!

2 Likes

We need a new modern day hero it has been to long :grin:

2 Likes

This is a good signing, very pleased. Turns out clubs can be doing stuff behind the scenes and don’t have to update social media whether they’re busy doing deals or not, who knew?!

18 Likes

Rammell was just one of those signings that worked perfectly. It was no accident, he was signed to do a specific job. If you find any clips of Walsall from the 98/99 season you will see a lot of familiar patterns. The full backs in particular would aim high balls up towards Rambo and even the biggest and hardest center backs were going to know they had been in a battle. Our midfield quickly got close to him knowing full well he would win a large percentage of balls.

We put lots of crosses in the box from both wingers and full backs, he would stick his head where a lot wouldn’t dangle a foot out (think Stoke at home)

There was another side to that team, when there was a break on, often instigated by Wrack we had a lethal counter attack getting body’s forward quickly. Those phases of play didn’t often involve Rambo other than occupying a defender but he did his job in the team to perfection. There was a short spell he was out injured and we definitely weren’t the same team without him.

As a manager you either have to find a style of play to fit the players you have, which is often the case when a new manager takes over. In our case MT and JF have the luxury of looking for players to fit the way they want to play

18 Likes

It’s interesting how the the roles are already evolving.In the original job advert, it looked like the DoF would have overall control. Fullarton now seems to be saying he sees his role as getting the sort of players Taylor wants . That looks more like the Graydon/ Paul Taylor relationship.

4 Likes

Another potential spelling mistake (already seen it spelt wrongly twice on here.)

On the plus side, as can be seen in the interview , he suffers from R L S (restless leg syndrome ).
A fine trait .which I also suffer from, it drives the mrs mad.

Bring your Wilco bag , and place over back of seat .

1 Like

When they released Fullarton’s job description it seemed a little off to me. There was way too much down to him, which would mean any head coach/manager would feel a bit like a spare part. The Head Coach has to have a big say in things for it to work in my opinion. How they both work together will have a big impact on how successful we are (or not)

2 Likes

I noticed that :grin: every time he spoke his left leg looked like it was connected to his vocal cords :joy:

Looks like a positive start…keep em coming.

It’s been so long I suspect most of us have forgotten what the word eloquent even means.

1 Like

A signing…crikey, before the 31st July too!
Pleased with this signing seems as if he will be perfect for the 4th Division.
Not pleased that the Orient fans say he has an ‘attitude’. Needs that side of his game to be ousted immediately.
Lets hope the next few signings will be of a similar ilk, we know we can’t get the best but ‘better than dregs’ will be an improvement over previous seasons.

2 Likes

Mixed bag from Orient fans makes me laugh tho they think it’s a step backwards for him coming to us and they reckon they will get out of this league before us . Shandy drinking southerners eh …

When was the last time we signed a striker who’d scored that many goals in our own division?

Looks like an impressive signing!

Sounds to me like he’d got well on the right side of my narrow 4231
Cuts on the inside on his left and a inside forward who would get 10 +
I’d like another striker to lead the charge
Striker
Osadebe holden Wilkinson

Sounds good

1 Like

If he had signed for anyone else we would have said why are we not competing for this type of player. He is here, give him a chance. Better option than anything we have had since January that is for sure. Not that there has been anything to speak of.
UTS

2 Likes

anyone up for Conor and Troy up front?

2 Likes