Cookie

Crossing from the byline hasn’t been great and we don’t seem to launch the ball in from deeper. In Cook’s defence I think he takes up good positions but most of the service hasn’t been at head height.

1 Like

Maybe, like penalties, crosses in are a lottery. We’ll get lucky eventually. :grin:

Two spot on posts. Exactly my thoughts.

3 Likes

When you think about it,Cookie must feel disappointed with his own start to his Walsall career. He’s been built up as the messiah,the chosen one, and although he’s got 3 goals 2 were rebounds from missed penalties and the other was a rebound off his shins.I’m sure he would be feeling a lot better with a diving header in the top corner,a over head kick from just outside the area,and a shot into the roof of the net after dribbling his way past 6 defenders.Maybe he feels under pressure to score a “proper” strikers goal.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even say that… We aren’t beating the first man.

2 Likes

RedandWhite, Norwood has been great (again). Hes out of contract in June, but us whites are worried about losing him in January, probably for peanuts. I always knew (like Cook) he would make the step up into the FL. You can just tell by his game and what he brings. Hes different to Cook in how he plays of course but offers more than goals. Even if he doesn’t score, he puts 110 percent effort into every game and is a constant nuisance. Scored a lot for us in the National League also. 21, 16 and 24, then goes onto score 5 in his first 5 league games in the FL. Just like Cookie, he just needed a club to take a chance on him in the FL, but gladly we were that club. I fear we may lose him though. Ferrier has done well for you also, we nearly signed him ourselves. Danny Rowe of Fylde is another whos an option and Keates knows him well. Also a player who we tracked, and had into our office during the summer.

Glad Cookie is doing well btw, hes a great lad and did us proud!!

4 Likes

Hopefully today’s goal should help!

Think the goal will be a massive confidence boost for him. Well done!

he certainly looked pleased judging by the celebration :smile:

2 Likes

Need to watch his celebration later, as I was too busy leaping up and down!

4 Likes

A typical striker’s goal…lets hope there are many more to come.

1 Like

He took his time and buried it!

Ditto, with a few 'get the ■■■■ in’s thrown in!

1 Like

Exactly the same. I was consumed in my own celebration and the Walsall fan to our left being legged around the sterile zone by stewards.

By the time I’d composed myself all that was left of the goal celebration on the pitch was Ferrier’s now customary slow walk back to the halfway line.

1 Like

Played well today and deserved a goal for his efforts.

2 Likes

For me, we look a better team every time he plays, he’s a genuine centre forward and I think he’ll get plenty of goals at this level.

But he has to get fitter. Last 25 minutes of the game you can see he’s gassed, hands on hips, huffing and puffing etc. If he is good enough to still get goals when he is lacking that yard of pace and fitness, think how good he could be if he was fit!

I remember someone telling me a few years ago that Andy Rammell would be drinking in the old cedar tree until 2.00 am in the morning, then pounding the streets at 6.00 am, and what a star he turned out to be, if you have got it you have got it :wink:

1 Like

Witnessed Brian Caswell being turfed out of Katz nightclub (Cat and Fiddle) opposite Leicester Street back in the 80s, in the mid afternoon. Must have been a bad pint. LOL.

1 Like

:smile: What a player he was, hard as nails, i remember a player taking him out during a game at fellows park, he turned over sat on the players chest and punched him in the gob :rofl: but the play had switched up field so it was missed by all the officials :rofl: and there was no cameras filming everything in those days :wink:

2 Likes

Where was “Katz” & “The Cat & Fiddle” opposite Leicester St ?
The only “Katz” i know was the Victoria in Lower Rushall St.
Never known a Cat and fiddle in Walsall.
Please enlighten me!
Great Bar…yes, Walsall…?