Cookie

So big Cookie is doing well so far?

Yeah, weve still got a big gap. Norwood who already has 4 in 4 is missing him as a strike partner. Ive already seen enough to think if we had kept Cook we would be getting back to back promotions. They were like Shearer and Sheringham, but the lower league version.

We brought back former player Cole Stockton from Carlisle to replace him. Which has had mixed reactions from our fans, most didnā€™t rate him including me. Hes done okay in games but remains goalless in 5 games. If we still had Cookā€¦

All the best.

5 Likes

Heā€™s doing well. Hopefully his goal tonight will give him abit of confidence. But his all round play is great and him and Ferrier up front work so well together.

1 Like

Agree with thatā€¦trying too hard perhaps but the goal last night might well settle him down. Pleased at the 'edge" he and Ferrier have brought to our play but they need to avoid silly bookings.

It must be a lower league thing? They must be a lot more lenient because I can count on one hand the amount of Walsall players that I have seen getting booked for a goal celebration.

We have to remember though what a rare occurrence celebrating a goal has been over the last couple of seasons!

4 Likes

Maybe if you do no good this season we come back and have Norwood off you as well :smile:

1 Like

Say January perhaps to confirm our status as League 1 Champions ā€¦

1 Like

Loving him already reminds me of rammel and Roy mcdonough gets stuck in a winds fans up.

We really should be sitting these new forwardā€™s round the table , and talking contractā€™s to keep them with us for a few more yearā€™s cause you can bet clubā€™s and scouts have been alerted and are watching them already with the impact they are having.

Trust me ferrier and dobson will be playing at another level within the next couple of seasons

As i said the other night ā€¦ how would you know you ainā€™t even been to see um yet :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

but at least with a decent contract we could get an even bigger undisclosed fee :wink::wink:

1 Like

seen enough on live match last night

Not the same , stop making excuses for not turning up ! my ticket for Blackpool came through the post today ā€¦donā€™t forget to order yourā€™s as you said you would the other night :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Pintā€™s still on :crazy_face:

1 Like

dont worry i will be there :wink: but can i still sit in the blue rinse side? :joy: or will you want your pound of flesh and have me singing and dancing at the back of the goal :joy:

If you want that pint yep , and as long as you donā€™t sing that shā€”y song you composed !:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:joy:

The lengthā€™s i have to go to on here to drum up support for the team :roll_eyes: itā€™s unbelievable , surely Jeff ought to start giving me some commission :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

ok so cookie came to us with a fantastic pedigree, but although he has given the team a good dimention in winning balls, will that be enough to keep him in the team after missing 3 pens but netting 2 from them? i think that he would benefit from a good striker coach ?

1 Like

I think heā€™s adjusting. Taking too long to get shots away at the moment and seems determined to rifle the ball when a side foot would be better, but heā€™ll get there.

What he gives the team as a unit is promising, especially in his build up play and how he occupies defenders.

Just like Rammell was, heā€™s also a useful man to have when weā€™re defending set pieces.

All that said, need Zeli on penalties from now on.

2 Likes