Cook's off to sunny Mansfield

Good riddance. Cook was part of the problem that existed last season.

Clarke was very keen to keep Cook, but reluctantly had no option but to move him on.

■■■■■■■.

1 Like

Bye, these players never learn that the grass is hardly ever greener.

Only a small handful have left Walsall and bettered themselves.

Good riddance.

3 Likes

Strange player. Looked like he’d just come from a pub team, but you can’t argue with his goal record. Adjusting to our new place in the world order, below the likes of Mansfield and Salford, will take some getting used to.

1 Like

I think it’s a backwards step for Cook - he should be going to a League 1 team, not a team like Mansfield who are no better than us.

2 Likes

This will come back to haunt us.

No it won’t.

3 Likes

We will see.Only time will tell.I genuinely hope you are right and I am wrong.

Glad to see back of the arrogant #$@&. Not a team player. Move on and find players who want to be at our club and let’s see Clarke build a team who will play with pride not like the useless set of players with their own agenda like last year

4 Likes

Cook thought he was Johnny big ■■■■■■■■ most of the team couldn’t get on with him we will be much better without him when he wasn’t in the team walsall played there best football e.g Barnsley

4 Likes

Also have to wonder where this now leaves Ferrier. Will he stay, or will Clarke try to get rid if he thinks he has an attitude problem?

Interesting to see how Gordon will fair as he now seems to be first choice.

1 Like

If…we replace him properly then I’m not so fussed, was more than happy for him to stay because at this level (spit) he will score plenty. But he was part of that ■■■■ storm that was last season.

Over to you Jeff…

I’m disappointed he’s gone , purely on goals scored stats .
Maybe a bad egg , may of thrown toys out of the pram etc etc but feel we will miss his goals .
Not everyones cup of tea I get that but surely we could get more than 150k for a player with his record :thinking:

7 Likes

And we should have got more than 300k for Fryatt when we sold him, we don’t do well when we sell forwards,

4 Likes

We don’t do well selling anyone with that ■■■■ snatching the hands off the first bid that comes in every time … …

He will be gone as well if we can find a club who will take him.

1 Like

Bit surprised another team in League Two was chosen, but well, money talks. I always thought Gordon is better as a striker. I hope he can replace Cook in scoring department too.

Agree about Gordon. I thought he showed more and more nous as the season went on-not easy in a team as poor as that.

2 Likes

Like Gordan alot , works his butt off , just hope they can coach more goals into his game as now we’ll need them .

4 Likes

We could also lose Dobson, Kinsella and Ferrier. Perhaps we could play 3-a-side training matches!!!

1 Like

Personally I don’t want players at the club who do not want to play for us, get what you can for them and move on. If he tells the manager he doesn’t want to play for us it’s a bad start. We must have other irons in the fire to fall back on so I’m not worried. Let’s all be positive and look forward to a great season !!!

5 Likes