Cook's off to sunny Mansfield

Got excited as I remember him getting double figures in league one last season…that’s Matty Gooden.

Matt Stevens has played grand total of 4 games for Posh since signing in 2016, not the worst record in non league though.

1 Like

Sorry to loose the fat cook bloke but sometimes reminds me off the past - SOD off cook !!

I’m glad he’s gone.
We’ve lost much better players than him, and the fact that he’s gone to Mansfield tells you a lot about how much league 1 managers fancied him…
Hated seeing him moaning at his teammates and some his lacklustre displays.
We move on…

2 Likes

Gordon will score more than Cook this season. Who wants a wager?

6 Likes

“Glad he’s gone” was said on here when Etheridge, Sawyers, Oztumer, Dean Smith and many more went :joy: The once I did agree was with Bakayoko, although even then I said it was best to exercise caution - even he has gone on to rub it in our faces…

You have to admire the positivity of your average football supporter…

Once again we sit back and wait for time to do it’s thing…

Lol I wish it was godden, i believe his goalscoring record at non league level and u23 is very impressive. But he’s never been given the chance at Peterborough. Probably down to them having 6 strikers lol

Cook’s going to be difficult to replace, however good or bad his perceived attitude was, 18-20 strikers don’t fall from trees.
In his defense, most forwards will complain about lack of service, let’s face it, Cookie got little or non of that last season.
He Will be missed. I wish him well!

When will Walsall FC learn? They continue to cave in at the first offer made by another club.
Given the insane money being thrown around these days I would have demanded at least half a million for Cook. As a poster said earlier, we got 200K for a player (imo) nowhere near as talented.
It’s really frustrating seeing the club doing bad business decade after decade.We’ve become a joke as far as giving our players away. If someone wants to buy, hold their feet to the fire until they show the money, Not their perception of value…ours!

1 Like

MY own personal feelings on this are I hoped we would hold onto Cooky, purely for the goals scored column not his attitude.

I know it is wishful thinking but what I would have liked Cooky do is, as he was part of a squad that relegated us last season he would have done right by us and scored the goals to help us try and bounce back at the first attempt. Then get his pay rise at the end of this season coming. Conscience clean. By moving to a league 2 club its nothing more than money. I personally wasn’t at Acrington Stanley away ( thank goodness) so I didn’t see his reaction with our supporters that day, this meant myself I didn’t stop loving Cooky but this has left a sour taste in my mouth.

My fear has been for a while now we will slip into non-league if we are not to careful, the last thing we needed after the last 2 seasons we’ve had was our teeth further kicked in and that is what has happened. I feel so deflated right now. :frowning:

Surprised you only got 150k for him. For someone who would bag 20-25 goals in L2 150k wont replace much.

Cook’s a frustrating player, and can ruffle feathers in the changing room BUT he scores goals. However if he wanted to leave and with his natural character those 20-25 potential goals might have ended up 15 goals. Then you lose him for nothing next summer.

Mansfield are the winners in this despite being 150k down. He will score regularly next season. They will be a force and were a better side than us last season, even though we went up. They had a bad run in losing their last 3 league games then poor in Play Offs. They’ve replaced Walkers 25 plus goals with Cookie and I expect them to go up top 3 next season, maybe as Champions.

Cheers, Dave.

4 Likes

Better be replaced, is all I can say.

Can’t have been that much of a bad egg, given how well Tranny did with him in the team!!

4 Likes

Really disappointed he has gone,I’ve got no bad feeling towards Cook or the club,we haven’t got a clue what was said by Cook,Clarke or Bonser.In my opinion he was my idea of what a centre forward should be,maybe Clarke wanted him gone so we can play a more team based atacking system,who knows,good luck Cookie,just don’t score against us…:grinning:

51 goals in two seasons with us, and that wasn’t starting every game. He got dropped on two occasions for a number of games after ‘tantrums’. That was the rumour anyway.

I loved Cook, his style of play and character. Always looked like he cared. Cook did well for us but we also did well for him. Tranmere put him on the map so to speak, a good size club and we gave him the platform he needed to get a move (and more coin) higher up. I wanted him back but its obvious hes gone Mansfield for the money.

1 Like

Sold for around 4 months rent!

4 Likes

Or,a weeks loose change for Someone like Paul Pogba :grinning:

Yeah I’ll take that.

Would be very surprised if Gordon gets more than 15 at league two level. Cook pretty much scored that at league one level despite his flaws and will be starting most weeks for Mansfield who have good squad down here.

Free Download ticket?:wink:

1 Like

£20. Print screen this.

1 Like

Maybe it was a set release clause in his contract, many players have them when relegation happens.

My big disappointment is surely you could’ve offered him to some league one clubs to try to start a bidding wat to get price up? Also so he dosen’t come back to score next season as I suspect he will.

Would’ve thought Tranmere and also GIllingham (given Steve Evans is there) would’ve been in for him like a shot. He was great home and away v Peterborough aswell and they always like to sign a striker or six (although probably bit too old for their usual profile).

Selling him to mid table league 1 club would’ve been logicial move, letting him go to Mansfield I don’t think is great decision tbh.

1 Like

Bakayoko hardly rubbed it in our faces, he scored about five goals all season and one of them happened to be against us on a day the whole team never turned up, he was no loss and the fact we got over 200k for him was even better.

If Cook does the same next season and scores against us, then we can’t say he rubbed it in our faces, he wanted to leave and we’ve let him go.

We’ll move on and hopefully he’s replaced adequately.

3 Likes

Don’t worry cook won’t score against us next season because we will have an awsome defence :wink:

Coolio, last home game meet up. BTW league goals as knowing my luck Josh Gordon will score 9 goals v West Brom under 8s in the checkatrade trophy.

Whacked 20 quid on Sri Lanka to win today when they took two early wickets v England as they were still being quoted at 12-1 to win.

Completely lost my bottle watching the end in the pub when Stokes was spraying 6s all round the ground. Cashed out for about 150 quid and Wood was caught two balls later…

2 Likes