Could George Miller be our new Jorge Leitao

Think only way rushworth would happen is if we got promoted @Sephiroth92

But will our board thing ahead? Nah! not a hope.
He obviously has no time for his home club Barnsley so we should make an approach before Posh get their hands on him.
Not surprised about Barnsley, who would want to be there? Yet another ground like Huddersfield where we always get mullered.

Jorge leitao translates as George Piglet in English.

3 Likes

Wash your mouth out Westie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is only one Jorge and he stayed George wonā€™t

There will only ever be one Jorge!!! If Miller can be half has good as him then we wonā€™t do too bad with him.

2 Likes

I see the similarities.

The only problem is we wont be able to sign him if he turns out the the dogs gonads here. How sad.

2 Likes

Jorge Miller? I like it!

This.
One season at best

1 Like

I think Phillips has something ā€¦ can see him becoming a really good player

2 Likes

Even now Walsall fans donā€™t seem to get the drill with how this all works. If the lad smashes his loan spell he is offā€¦heartbreaking but true.

6 Likes

Canā€™t see where heā€™ll fit in when Wilkinson is back personally Wilkinson would walk back into this team out on the right for me anyway.

1 Like

Can hear the boards excuses now, weā€™ve had no transfer fees in this year and season tickets are down; so our budget is less competitive!

Yeah all our best players are on loan.

Weā€™ve sold no Hi-viz Drawstring Bags, and so the transfer kitty is empty.

5 Likes

Regardless of where the team ends up - but assuming its somewhere between 22nd and say 12th it would be hugely frustrating if he had a decent season and we didnā€™t sign him as this is clearly a level where he can currently have a tangible impact, and he has made some very positive comments about being here. If Pomlett is serious about any of the things heā€™s said he should have a very keen eye on the Miller situation going forward as a litmus test of his own credibility. On that score like many others, I wonā€™t be holding my breath, but will hope for a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

Exactly Geordie. Thing is though Pomlett will wait too long & Barnsley will want more for him, which means heā€™ll end up at Sunderland or Salford. Then we are left with a hole to fill up front again, but this time without compensation.

Also will Georgeā€™s appetite to stay at the Bescot remain if we end up 15th, with Kins sold?

Sorry itā€™s Monday feeling a bit negative.

Leigh will clearly get the deal done in November and heā€™ll sign January 1st and go to a glorious 5 year spell with us as we finish regularly in league one top 8.

3 Likes

The club should be doing everything they can to get Miller, ready for next season.

This season is already a write off, but if we can start next season with a 20 goal strikerā€¦ then who knows!

2 Likes

George is a good player, scored 4 goals and hit the woodwork twice since heā€™s been here.
He doesnā€™t like Barnsley and they donā€™t like him. We need to do all we can to keep him here permanently.

5 Likes

Bit early for that, but 4 in 6 is a good start. He needs to refine his hold up play a little, but thereā€™s no worries about him in front of goal, he seems to have a bit of a strikers instinct.

3 Likes

He scores 3/4 in October though and we need to sign him on a permanent deal, thing is not sure we will