Could George Miller be our new Jorge Leitao

If he’s scores 3 or 4 more in October, his agent will be strongly advising him to keep his options open and not sign anything with us. He’ll definitely be attracting interest from clubs higher up than us.

1 Like

The thing I like about him most is that he’s a striker who actually seems to like playing in front of the goal. He runs the channels well don’t get me wrong, but it’s nice to actually have some one who is in the box to receive crosses, as well as making runs towards the goal rather than away from it!

1 Like

:joy: How ? We don’t even seem to be able to pay the wages of a free agent . It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Barnsley are paying half of Miller’s wages we probably wouldn’t or couldn’t afford to pay the other half and if Barnsley wanted any kind of fee even an undisclosed amount which usually covers what what a team paid out for the player on wages over a period of time we can obviously forget that one . Bonsors not in charge anymore remember he probably would find the money Pomlett ain’t got 2 pennies to rub together it seems.

Guess that’s the real challenge, he’s probably on 3k a week at Barnsley.

Guessing he’s not actively looking for a pay cut.

I reckon he’s on between 2.5 to 3k a week. Seriously, I reckon we’re paying all of it.

Pissed off at our squad size but I don’t think we’re as tinpot as some (including me) make out.

Long way for him to go until he can be compared to gorgeous Jorge. Plus needs to sign permanently

1 Like

On Footballleaguefc website they reckon that he is on £2k a week at Barnsley? Not sure how accurate this is but would be surprised if he is on £3k a week? Surely this is within our levels of ambition? If not we are all in trouble!!!

Barnsley FC Player Wages

Search:

Name Age Position Wages in £/Week Contract End
Jack Walton 22 GK 3,500 2023
Brad Collins 23 GK 5,000 2023
Mads Juel Andersen 22 CB 4,500 2023
Michael Sollbauer 30 CB 7,500 2022
Michal Helik 25 CB 3,800 2023
Aapo Halme 22 CB 5,000 2022
Clarke Oduor 21 LB 2,000 2023
Ben Williams 21 LB 2,500 2022
Jordan Williams 21 RB 3,000 2022
Callum Brittain 22 RB 4,500 2023
Alex Mowatt 25 CM 5,500 2021
Matty James 29 CM 10,000 2021
Callum Styles 20 CM 2,500 2022
Herbie Kane 21 CM 4,000 2024
Romal Palmer 22 CM 750 2022
Mike Bähre 25 AM 4,500 2021
Isaac Christie-Davies 23 AM 2,500 2023
Elliot Simoes 20 LW 1,000 2022
Dominik Frieser 27 RW 6,500 2022
Luke Thomas 21 RW 5,500 2023
Jordan Green 25 RW 2,500 2021
Cauley Woodrow 25 CF 7,500 2023
Conor Chaplin 23 CF 4,000 2023
Patrick Schmidt 22 CF 4,000 2023
George Miller 22 CF 2,000 2022
Victor Adeboyejo 22 CF 1,250 2021
Marcel Ritzmaier 27 CM 8,000 2022
Toby Sibbick 21 RB 3,000 2023
Jack Aitchison 20 CF 1,500 2023

Don’t worry too much those figs are complete BS.

It’s guess work at the end of the day, but also irrelevant. His agent won’t care what he’s being paid right now, he will care what he can possibly be paid next year. If he comes here and does well at his age, that is more than 2 grand a week.

At the end of the day it’s obvious the only way we’d sign him permanently is if he scores the goals that get us into the top 7 and we go up then we could afford him and he’d probably want to stay . If he scores goals we finish 12-24th 1 he won’t want to stay and 2 we couldn’t afford him

Considering he’s only a youngster he’s already been out on loan at Wrexham, Bury, Bradford and Scunthorpe, as well as signing for Boro and Barnsley.
Hopefully he’s had enough of this nomadic lifestyle and the lure of staying where he is settled and wanted might outweigh the temptation to uproot elsewhere for a few extra hundred quid a week.
We can hope can’t we?

2 Likes

Oh yeah because Walsall is such a lovely place to live if we all chip in we could get him a flat in blakenall he’d love that

But very soon he will be liked by
Forest Green
Salford
Exeter
Harrogate
Port Vale etc etc etc !!! :wink:

Otis, have you ever been to Bury, Scunny, Bradford, Barnsley, or Middlesbrough?
Blakenhall is like Mayfair compared to these salubrious hotspots. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Imagine the strike force we could have for say £8k pw

3 Likes

Otiswfc

:joy: How ? We don’t even seem to be able to pay the wages of a free agent . It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Barnsley are paying half of Miller’s wages we probably wouldn’t or couldn’t afford to pay the other half and if Barnsley wanted any kind of fee even an undisclosed amount which usually covers what what a team paid out for the player on wages over a period of time we can obviously forget that one . Bonsors not in charge anymore remember he probably would find the money Pomlett ain’t got 2 pennies to rub together it seems.

I don’t for a moment think that we’re out of money or that Barnsley are paying half of Miller’s wages. Just because we haven’t brought in any players recently doesn’t mean that our budget is spent.
If the club wanted a player badly enough the board would come up with the money somehow as long as the fee wasn’t exorbitant.

cunkster

But very soon he will be liked by
Forest Green
Salford
Exeter
Harrogate
Port Vale etc etc etc !!! :wink:

That’s what I’m afraid of, the vultures in this league are unbelievable!

1 Like

That is why we should be ready with a shotgun (metaphorically speaking) :grin:

Exorbitant would mean about £2000 a week I’ve heard enough from the manager and a lack of action in the transfer Market to suggest we are more or less skint if Taylor says he’s happy with what he’s got fair enough but I seriously doubt that’s the case .

Wouldn’t put it past Darrell Clarke to take him at Vale as another nice kick in the testicles for us all to add to his shambolic tenure,Stuart Sinclair and such like.