Could George Miller be our new Jorge Leitao

Otiswfc

Exorbitant would mean about £2000 a week I’ve heard enough from the manager and a lack of action in the transfer Market to suggest we are more or less skint if Taylor says he’s happy with what he’s got fair enough but I seriously doubt that’s the case .

I was referring to the fee Barnsley would want for George, not his wages necessarily.

Or even half that…

Scooby

Wouldn’t put it past Darrell Clarke to take him at Vale as another nice kick in the testicles for us all to add to his shambolic tenure,Stuart Sinclair and such like.

Wait until Vale start a long losing streak, which they inevitably will under Clarke. Yes, they’ve made a good start, but they have and experienced manager and a much wealthier owner, we don’t!

In all fairness we’ve got plenty of deadwood we need to offload. That’s what the DOF should be busy doing so we can make way for Miller.

Get rid of Mole or Gamble and pay George enough to keep him here.

9 Likes

With their wages we could probably sign three or four Championship players

I agree if we look to sell Bates ( obviously not rated and won’t play much for us at all ) and osadebe ( obvious reasons ) Atleast we should free or maybe even raise a little towards Miller

1 Like

Not sure we’d have many takers to be fair .

Well managers love osadebe so surely someone is interested and I feel for Bates as he always had potential but it’s not working. Surely at his age his worth a 50k punt

Which managers are these you speak of , managers that don’t have him in their team and are just thankful ?

I seriously want our players , which they both are to succeed , but at the minute there is a toss up whether anyone else would take a gamble on them .

But then again I work with a Plymouth fan who is banging on every day about Scarr and can’t believe we let him go , and the same applies to Joe Edwards

Why can’t we afford him?

I think that the Board owe it to MT to go out and move mountains to get Miller if Taylor rates him highly enough to want him. I feel that Taylor has been dealt a bit of a rough hand so far with the squad rebuild and possibly what he has been allowed to bring in. MT is too much of a professional to say anything other than he is happy with what he has already got, but there can’t be a manager out there who would say no to ne able to bring additional players into his squad.

What happens if Miller gets injured 🤷

Basically we’re screwed

1 Like

That’s why we still need another option up front so that we don’t end up flogging him to death.

4 Likes

Dream on :grin: :wink:

His level is lower end league 1 imo. He had good scoring ratios in two different spells at Bury and think at least one of those was when they were in league one so can see a Burton or Sloppies being in for him if both stay up.

Says it all when people are predicting he could hit 20 goals which looks a decent shout if he stays fit…yet there’s no expectation whatsoever of a play off challenge. Probably shows despite the frustration of recruitment in final third there’s big issues at the other end of the pitch despite many signings.

He also has a massive team around him compared to us he has coaches coming out of his arse he clearly works well with big budgets and a bigger back room team I hope their losing run starts against us.

Miller will not score 20+ he will burn himself out and pick up knocks unless we get competition that we can bring on when his games run for the last 15 or so .

Does anyone know where miller and his family are from originally? Which may have a bearing on if he would be willing to make his loan permanent?