Coventry City (H) Dec 8th, 3pm

"Thou, whom ancient Coventry,
Once so dearly loved, that she
Knew not which to her was sweeter,
Peeping Tom or Puffing Peter."

(Thomas More)

Back to League One action as we welcome the rent-dodgers from Highfield Road/Sixfields/Ricoh (delete as appropriate) to see if we can regain our place in the top half of the table, and co-incidentally leap-frog over the Sky Blues in doing so. After a really good October their form sagged rather in November, not registering a single League One win and also going out of the F.A. Cup at our hands. Connections between the two locations in personnel terms are numerous, from Luke Leahy and Josh Ginnelly being born in Coventry, to their manager Mark Robins who of course played in our colours, and coming up to date in the forms of Jordy Hiwula and Amadou Bakayoko. (who would no doubt love to show his critics they were mistaken).

Sky Blues current League One form:-

23 Oct Bradford City (A) Won 2-4
27 Oct Doncaster Rovers (H) Won 2-1
3 Nov Accrington Stanley (H) Drew 1-1
17 Burton Albion (A) Lost 1-0
23 Peterborough United (H) Drew 1-1
27 Fleetwood Town (A) Lost 3-0

Dean Keates will (of course) be making several changes from the team which didn’t get the desired result at Shrewsbury in mid-week. The only significant bright spot in that game was that Joe Edwards came through it unscathed, and his influence in a fully competitive League One fixture may make all the difference. Andy Cook’s recall to first team action will be eagerly awaited, and the availability of Zeli Ismail is to be welcomed.

Prediction … and while it’s evident that we know how to score against the Sky Blues, there’s always that niggling doubt as to whether our defence can keep a clean sheet. Let’s say a 2-1 home win, with Andy Cook and Morgan Ferrier demonstrating that their partnership is the solution to all our worries!!

UTS

2 Likes

0-0

5812 watching in despair but pleased they aren’t out shopping.

1 Like

Gutted I’m not at this one. Unfortunately agreed to be a taxi for the day. Desperately hope we win but I think it’ll be a 2-2 draw with Cook scoring both.

You need time management classes :grinning:

1 Like

I’m going for a 3-2 win to us. Again.

4-3 to Walsall in the definitive M6 Classico.

Coventry fans to invade the pitch having won a 3rd minute corner.

3 Likes

I think we will win but I’d take a draw. Hope he perseveres with three at the back with the first choice personnel and a slightly tweaked system.

----------------------------Roberts-----------------------------
-----------Martin--------Guthrie-------Johnson------------
Devlin----------------------------------------------------Leahy
-------------Kinsella--------------Dobson--------------------
--------------------------Ronan---------------------------------
-------------Cook------------------Ginnelly/Gordon--------

1 Like

I think we will win but not if we play 3 at the back. I would stick to the 4-4-3 we played last week. Martin for Johnson my only change although that would be a difficult decision after the way the young man played last week.

To be fair I wouldn’t go three at the back either if we get away with 4-4-3 :wink:

Oh dear numeracy was never my strong point!!! 4-3-3 is, of course, what I was advocating.

Haha to be fair it worked very well last week, I’m fine with either.

I like the idea of us being the first professional team to play ‘rush goalie’.

This might be the last time we play them at home, seems they’re not gonna have a stadium (or a club!) come next season…

https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/1070648826082549760?s=20

What a shame that would be :joy:

2 Likes

https://www.coventry.gov.uk/directory_record/279/coundon_hall_park

no problem i have found somewhere they totally deserve :joy:

2 Likes

Hope they disappear. ■■■■ club with ■■■■ fans.

1 Like

Why spoil a perfectly good park?

3 Likes

2-2 draw for me.

2-1 win for me

2 Likes

I’ll go for 2-2 as well.

Just heard that the Cookie Monster :japanese_ogre: is suspended for tomorrow’s game… that’s a blow he’s been playing well of late :worried::angry::tired_face: UTS