Coventry City (H) F.A.Cup 1st round, 10th Nov 3pm

I just love how classy cooks goal was, he could a lashed at it near post as soon as possible but the cruyff and finish happened so smoothly. love it.!

always nice to do that massive team HA!. will always have a hatred for them after the 6-0 battering at home the year we got relegated from the championship and some little ■■■■ (same age as me at the time) giving me the v’s.

1 Like

I’ve no idea why. I’m going off what people said in this thread pre game and the Charlton thread.

But that’s why I said it sarcastically. Because it was clearly just talk. And nonsense talk at that.

1 Like

I dont think any of our group boycotted the game, just didnt fancy it really. We all said though that if we had been away at Cov we would probably have gone…odd I know…

1 Like

In fairness it always feels a bit boring to get a league 1 team you play most seasons in the cup. Same as all premier league ties in round 3. One of my radical solutions for first three rounds of cup is to stop playing teams from same division unless numbers don’t add up.

As PT says Southport or Hitchin/Solihull away next round and that would excite people more. Yes chance of being giantkilled but team you don’t play every year and obviously the chance to make a rare 3rd round appearance.

3 Likes

Yet another video of the game on YouTube. Must be the magic of the Cup…

And some speculation about Ferrier’s absence.

The team,management and supporters deserve every credit for yesterday.When Coventry equalised it would have been very easy for heads to go down.Instead the players dug deep and had a magnificent last half hour in which we could easily have scored another four or five.They also manages the last fifteen minutes after we scored including six minutes of injury time brilliantly.The crowd stayed positive and produced a really good atmosphere behind the goal.
Well done to kinsella who had a really positive game and to Cook who in the last four or five games has looked a lot fitter and more comfortable at Div one level.

3 Likes

I’ve not heard anyone mention a boycott personally :man_shrugging:t3:

…they’re in the corridor of uncertainty.

1 Like

And the stayaways got caught out

Reminds me of the year we played Man U away. I went to every game that cup run. Lincoln Utd at home when we were awful I had a right scrap on the train. Macc away when we won 7-0 I jacked my job in because my boss insisted I worked that Saturday and I told him to where to go and got another job about 9 days later. Peterborough was called off after I set off travelling, then we won the replay. Then I couldn’t get a ticket for Man U!!! Had to ring Wallett personally from the office of my new job and after 45 minutes he finally agreed to sort me one. Next two Saturdays we played York and Carlisle away and took less than 300 between both games.

5 Likes

Brilliant video of …well just you really , not one goal on there or am i just drinking to much strongbow ?

1 Like

It’s not me.

1 Like

It’s definitely not him…

Just got round to the highlights. It’s not often you can criticise him but Robbo really needs to do better for their second. Too busy trying to push it away rather than save it.

I think he has lost some confidence in the defence which is affecting his own game.

I think it came at him so slowly he had time to decide which bit of his body he was gonna get in the way of the ball, whether he was going to try to smother it or parry it and where he was going to parry it to.

Unfortunately, it was going slowly but not that slowly.

Trevor Woodesque in his diving speed on this occasion. I recall Hibbitt once refer to Trevor as having the diving prowess of a ‘sack of spuds’. :smile:

1 Like

He’ll always have that Leeds game in the FA Cup, though. What a performance that was.

4 Likes

I wish keepers would get back to saving shots, rather than this new fad of pushing them away.

Oh yes, and we all thought he was the better keeper than the young Walker after that (for a bit).