Covid 19 Suspension (H) Mar 13th - Apr 3rd

Thought you might like this Jumbo.

3 Likes

Postpone the season

Finish it behind closed doors when the peak has passed

Play the Euros in December

Change the Football calendar to fall in line with World Cup 2022.

In reality it’d only be 2 months (in to 3) without any winter football

I think they will finish the seasons, and it’s inevitable it’ll be behind closed doors.

I think they will just can it. Too many players and team personnel will come down with the virus meaning teams could still get matches get called off on an individual basis. Plus if they were trying to play games post June then you would have a lot of teams using players that were no longer contracted meaning results would be struck off and teams ending up with fines

It wouldn’t go that far I think the decision would be made by then.

I’m in favour of ending the season as if it’s the last day, promotions and relegations. However this will cause serious outcry when it all resumes. Plus I’m not sure I think that’s fair, but seems the fairest way?

I dunno what’s best, it’s a minefield really isn’t it?

None of this stops the biggest issue of loss of income with serious outgoings. Some clubs will go under

I am worried about next season as well. The idea that this will be largely contained in 3 months is I think somewhat speculative. We clearly have to finish this season first…my guess this season finishing in August. New season starting October and remember I am an optimist.

I suspect that at many EFL clubs, ours included, anyone who is out of contract on 30th June will be released at the beginning of May. Even at that point we’re likely to still be some months away from playing matches again, and clubs will have to cut their playing staffs to the bone.

4 Likes

Brilliant :rofl:

Players contracted for next year are the lucky ones. It’s gonna be a tough summer for a lot of them

2 Likes

I agree with this in relation to the UTS Prediction League. The outcry would be great :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll just dream of what would have been.

On the plus side, our unbeaten run has now been going for more than 6 weeks!

11 Likes

I had a thought today; if the remaining 4 home games were cancelled/played behind closed doors, how many season ticket holders would claim a refund (if offered)?

Personally I’d like to think it would be below double digits.

I’ve got a season ticket but I wouldn’t ask for a refund.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t ask for a refund, but if I did I’d be very surprised to receive one.

1 Like

I would ask for one and i haven’t got a season ticket :rofl: :wink:

3 Likes

Same here

Not a ST holder but wouldn’t ask for a refund . My lad was supposed to have a party at the club in April. This was obviously cancelled and although I only gave a small deposit I told them to keep it.

2 Likes

I’ve still got a ticket for stevenage away. If it gets played behind closed doors I would give my refund to our club. I don’t want to give it to Stevenage though!