Covid 19 Suspension (H) Mar 13th - Apr 3rd

And I have my Macclesfield ticket , so do quite a few others , cant see us going

2 Likes

Alliance leagues ie northern prem southern league (that’s rushall, Hednesford) have voted to end season immediately. They are awaiting ratification from fa. They are still to decide whether league placements stand, points raitio or just voided

I’ve bought a season ticket for next season even though I know I can’t get to the night games… living 100 miles away.I have bought tickets for the Swindon and Colchester games and I have no intention of asking for a refund if the games aren’t played.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of asking for a refund for a lot of the games that I did go to. Stevenage, Morecambe, Macclesfield etc. :smiley:

12 Likes

Interested to hear peoples views about this. Is the PL so far up it’s own arse that it can’t see a bigger picture here, or is it really important to get a set of football games played?

What about the rest of the pyramid? For the birds?

I don’t get the rush at all. We literally have forever to finish this season and every game I’ve ever seen behind closed doors has been crap. Without fans football is nothing. All they need to do is wait, just like everybody else.

3 Likes

And imagine celebrating lifting the cup to a grand audience of zero fans and no open top bus parade.

2 Likes

100% agree with you. I guess the PL would argue that player contracts become an issue past June but if they can ask players to take wage cuts they could ask them to play on for 1-2 months extra.

1 Like

Yeah and if worst does come to the worst, surely they can give clubs a week or so to sort out a few players. It’s not going to be whole squads that need replacing for most teams. Certainly further up the pyramid. Doesn’t seem a massive ask for 8-10 games or whatever is left.

If this situation/lockdown continues until the end of September or later as some are saying we might as well forget about season 20/21 and just finish this season instead of starting the next one and call it 19/21 if you like, :thinking:

1 Like

Grigg was practising that when he was here.

4 Likes

Could the suspension be a good thing for us?

We are a well run club who will survive this but I can see many clubs either going to the wall or into administration. Players released will be desperate to earn a living so a club like Walsall who under normal circumstances would not be an attractive place to be could suddenly hold a very good hand.

Liverpool are another PL club to now Furlough non playing staff (tax payer to pay 80% of wages), absolutely disgusting behaviour.

3 Likes

These big Premiership clubs that pay out millions and millions each week are expecting handouts from the Government leaves a very bad taste in the mouth to me

11 Likes

Corona virus has turned us all into dogs.
We roam around the house looking for food.
We’re told “No!” If we get too close to strangers .
And the thought of a car ride sends us wild with excitement.

Hopefully I will be able to lick my own ck and b*ocks by the time this is over as well.

4 Likes

You lost me at the well run club stage. Apart from our match day revenues, I imagine that the commercial income must have largely dried up and we have around 8k a week to pay in rent.
Although some will be worse off than us, I don’t see how we are anything else but in a position of ■■■■, of which the current Chaiman has communicated in his videos.

We are a well run club, we live within our means.

What is not well run about that?

Many other clubs pay rent and pay more than us.

We will survive.

We will be in a better position financially than alot of other clubs.

The balance sheet. We are cash poor and have hardly any assets. On top of that we don’t have a rich owner that can afford to dip his hand in his pocket. That may be similar to many other lower league clubs but it isn’t well run (or more correctly, it hasn’t been).

We may well attract a better quality of player as will the other clubs that survive ( assuming we do of course). Relatively it will make little difference.

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: