D 0-0 (L 3-4 pens) vs Doncaster Rovers (H) - Carabao Cup R1 - Tue 10th Aug, 7:45pm

Are we up for the cup this year? We aren’t usually but our Carabao Cup adventure this season starts with the visit of Doncaster Rovers.

Doncaster are managed by former Salford boss Richie Wellens and started their League One campaign with a home defeat against AFC Wimbledon, going down 2-1.

I think we will send a strong team out here with the aim of progressing into the next round, with maybe a couple of changes. Jack Earing and Kieran Phillips perhaps to start?

Who is going? What are you expecting?

Walsall vs Doncaster Rovers - Match Result
  • Walsall Win 90 mins
  • Walsall Win ET
  • Walsall Win Penalties
  • Doncaster Rovers Win 90 mins
  • Doncaster Rovers Win ET
  • Doncaster Rovers Win Penalties

0 voters

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same team just to garner that further understanding with each other.

Any changes I’d expect maybe menayese to come in for Taylor, earing for Kiernan.

Think we’ll win this if we can piece more play together than at Tranmere. Don’t think Doncaster will fair that well in league one this season.

1 Like

Did Taylor give any update on Hayden White in the post-match interview? I’ve not seen anything.

Yes. He said White had picked up an injury in training.

1 Like

Wilkinson to the right Phillips upfront and he will probably put Rose in goal.

1 Like

I’m going, not expecting much and to be honest I’m not too bothered with this competition, I just want to see us continuing to play decent stuff and gradually improve, better decision making than the Tranmere game, anything else will be a bonus.
There’s a very good side in there so I’m prepared to be patient and see us get better over time.

6 Likes

Apparently the cup competitions go past August in England never knew that.

2 Likes

Yeah some youngsters may not know that you CAN actually get past a first round fixture…

Can you pay on the day for this?

Just brought 5 tickets online , that booking fee is beginning to p**s me off!

3 Likes

I am going. I think we can win . I hope we do as we need a cup run.

I’d assume so.

1 Like

Just ring the ticket office up tomorrow instead. That’s what you should have done. No ticket fee that way.

Thanks Rob , yes just realsed that , awkward to collect and not sure how much time I’ll have on the night , we’re going for a pre match curry .

If you have the facility for e-tickets on your phone mate, they will email them to you. So it’s exactly as you would do online, just without the ticket fee.

1 Like

Oh right , didn’t know that thanks ,
Anyway hope I have the same issue several times this season must be due a little run in one of the cups !

1 Like

Cup competitions go pat August!, since when? When did they bring that in?:grin:

2 Likes

Does anyone know where I can stream the Carabo cup game?

iFollow

From efl.com

Please note: Papa John’s Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast). No Carabao Cup or The FA Cup matches will be available to watch on the service.